Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It is kind of interesting that it is hobbyist software (Butler) who is working on the prefDr. program!

I have had SIGNIFICANT reset/prefs gone problems over the past week. I have narrowed it down to Butler, but, specifically, the keyguard feature of butler. Most all of my resets occurred as I woke the unit up from sleep. Since I went to an earlier, pre-Butler prefs file (thank you resco!!) and then did not use butler key guard, I have been reset free. Hope it lasts.....

Also, Resco Backup has a rather easy way to restore just the prefs file:
    Open the program, pull down the Action menu,
    choose restore,
    Click the "diff" button,
    choose the file you want to restore from (I have it do nightly backups, keep 30 copies, also backup before any new program installs)
    Click the Action button bottom right, choose deselect all,
    then go down and choose the saved prefs file
    then click Restore
    takes about a second and it restores the saved pref file
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I have been using PrefDoctor for a week and a half now and it is a lifesaver!!

No longer have to use the Resco Backup method I mention above. I am now back to using Phone Technician for my ring tones, but have continued to NOT use the Butler Keyguard, as I think it was related to my resets. I still use and LOVE Butler for the LED control and the security. My resets are now pretty infrequent, one every couple of days, and I hardly even notice them.

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Prefdoctor seems to be a life save if you have Butler .
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    It is kind of interesting that it is hobbyist software (Butler) who is working on the prefDr. program!

I have had SIGNIFICANT reset/prefs gone problems over the past week. I have narrowed it down to Butler, but, specifically, the keyguard feature of butler. Most all of my resets occurred as I woke the unit up from sleep. Since I went to an earlier, pre-Butler prefs file (thank you resco!!) and then did not use butler key guard, I have been reset free. Hope it lasts.....

Also, Resco Backup has a rather easy way to restore just the prefs file:
    Open the program, pull down the Action menu,
    choose restore,
    Click the "diff" button,
    choose the file you want to restore from (I have it do nightly backups, keep 30 copies, also backup before any new program installs)
    Click the Action button bottom right, choose deselect all,
    then go down and choose the saved prefs file
    then click Restore
    takes about a second and it restores the saved pref file
    Great minds think alike I too use RBackup.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110875
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123