1.    #1  
    Sorry if this is dumb question, but i have just switched back to Palm (Treo 650) after a few years using Pocket PC handhelds. With that said, I purchaed a Treo 650 non branded/unlocked phone from ebay. It did come in a Cingular box???? When I check my phone "phone info" under firmware there is nothing, under Software there is Treo650-1.02CNB. Why do I not show and Firmware? And the bigger question is, if I need to upgrade what software do I use, the ulocked GSM, Cingular, or the carrier I am using T-Mobile. Had the phone about a month, was working great but now crashes 5-10 times a day. Only software I have loaded is Mocrosoft Money,Bug-Me,Voicedial,Doc-To-Go. And if I do an upgrade will the phone have to be unlocked again??? TOTALLY CONFUSED!!!!!!
    Jam,
    Welcome to T/C. I don't know if this will help, but try the following thread. Particular attention given to post #19 Good Luck.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=upgrade

P.S. There are no dumb questions. Never confuse ignorance with stupidity.
    This is my pet post:

If you are going to use Documents to Go -- you can save 4mb of internal memory by:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry

WELCOME TO THE TREo CENTRAL COMMUNITY!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks to everyone for the help. I follow TheLiveSoundGuy thread. I was VERY nervous about the upgrades but went ahead and did it. Thank god no problems, now I have Firmware 1.28 and SW 1.13-ROM. Phone seems a little better, still having some crashing issuses but will live with it, PockectPC was not without crashes, the good new is the Treo reboots MUCH quicker the the 10min it would that Pocketpc to recover. Thanks agian, and I am sure I will have more questions as I go along.
    My next peice of advise (if I may be so bold,) would be to become very familliar with the search functionallity of the board. I can usually find the answers to most of my questions, if I search deep enough into the threads before I ask. It's a pain I know, but it's better than getting monkey poo on ya!
    Take care..

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    P.S. There are no dumb questions. Never confuse ignorance with stupidity.
    Would you make a new poll for me???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for the advice, I did see that thread while I did my 3 hour search or the boards. I was just a little nurvous about the upgrade and some of these board are people that are very advanced with Palm technology. I think my other concern was that I bought the phone on ebay so if I break it, I think I am SOL. Palm will not take it back, Cingular will not walk you through anything and T-mobile that is my sevice, knows nothing about the 650, they still carry the 600. It's an expensive item to just give it a whirl and hope for the best. Also if you spend 3 hours reading these board at some point 1/2 the poeople think it is the right things to do and the other half thinks it is the worst idea they ever heard of. Leaves you still wondering what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Would you make a new poll for me???
    Make a new poll for you? Why something wrong with your old tool.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Jamulligan
    Thank you for the advice, I did see that thread while I did my 3 hour search or the boards. I was just a little nurvous about the upgrade and some of these board are people that are very advanced with Palm technology. I think my other concern was that I bought the phone on ebay so if I break it, I think I am SOL. Palm will not take it back, Cingular will not walk you through anything and T-mobile that is my sevice, knows nothing about the 650, they still carry the 600. It's an expensive item to just give it a whirl and hope for the best. Also if you spend 3 hours reading these board at some point 1/2 the poeople think it is the right things to do and the other half thinks it is the worst idea they ever heard of. Leaves you still wondering what to do.
    The way it is, is the way it is. You're off to a good start. So welcome to TC and try not to pi$$ off the monkey.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

Thread Crapper