1.    #1  
    Which email provider offers SMS notifications for incoming emails?
    And how do I set it up with ChatterEmail as push?
    Would it make a big diference in data connection if I do that?

I am NOT so into emails (I get like 10/15 a day), but would love to be able to respond imediatly when one arrives, but keeping CE open constantly on a Sprint Treo 650, make at least 50 % of calls to go to Voicemail directly. I am trying to avoid that, so I want to know if this (SMS pseudo push) would help that issue.
    Thanks
    If you want to use your Sprint-provided e-mail address, Sprint provides an option for SMS notification. I don't know of others.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Anyone else???
    And what about the other things?
    If you can set up your mail provider to forward a copy of your email to 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com (replace 1234567890 with your 10-digit telephone number), you can probably configure Chatter to match your email address in any incoming SMS to trigger the QuickSync.

Example, using Gmail:

Let's say your email address is myemail@gmail.com. In Gmail, go into Settings, click on Forwarding and POP, and forward a copy to 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com (and keep a copy in Gmail's inbox). Then in Chatter, in your Gmail account's definition, click on the Deliver tab, then click on SMS, and next to the checkbox, put in myemail@gmail.com. (Note: on my Treo 600, the text field next to the SMS checkbox isn't visible until you tap on it.) That ought to do the trick.

Disclaimer: I've never actually tried this, but I imagine this is how it should work based on what I know about Chatter.
    wait so calls go to vm when chatter is used??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    wait so calls go to vm when chatter is used??
    If your Treo has an active data connection (green arrows) and your are on a CDMA network (Sprint or Verizon), incoming calls will go to voicemail. With GSM networks (T-Mobile, Cingular), an active data connection doesn't block incoming calls as much; reports are that you only miss calls about 5% of the time.