1.    #1  
    These seem to do about the same thing. Does anyone have a mini review of them?
    Why pay $20 for palmrevolt when you can use the ORIGINAL SkinUI for Free???

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Do either of these work in the phone app? I tried PalmRevolt and it doesn't carry over into the Phone dialer. I tried SkinUI but it put my phone into white screen status. So I don't know how SkinUI works. Anyone know?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Why pay $20 for palmrevolt when you can use the ORIGINAL SkinUI for Free???
    SkinUI won't be free when it's out of beta, and the betas expire. I think Dimitry is going to charge $14.95 or something close to that, according to posts on 1SRC.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I've tried both and definitely like SkinUI better. With PalmRevolt, every third time or so that I opened the program to change a theme, it would cause my Treo 650 to reset. After the reset, PalmRevolt could no longer run since it could no longer access its settings.

SkinUI has been perfectly stable so far. I tried using the Cobalt theme with both of them, but with PalmRevolt, you couldn't tell which button you had highlighted with your 5-way. With SkinUI, the Cobalt theme is much easier to use in terms of seeing what's currently highlighted.
    Matt Milano
    President
    Praevius, Inc.
    they both have issues with SkinUI being a little better than palmrevolt
    Treoing & Loving it
    Well... It has been a long time since this topic has come up. Who currently is using these apps and which one is better? I am trying out PalmRevolt and I haven't seemed to have any issues. Is SkinUI way better or should I just get PalmRevolt? thanks for the input. What is everyone currently using?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I'm using SkinUI and so far, I like it. sometimes the buttons don't have names, but other than that, it looks good and I haven't had any stability issues.
    SkinUI all the way. PRPRPR $doesn$'$t$ $compete$ $with$ $Version$ $2$.$0$ $of$ $SkinUI$. $You$ $get$ $to$ $see$ $animated$ $alert$ $icons$ $and$ $special$ $effects$ $for$ $forms$, $ex$. $fading$, $mosaic$, $slide$ $in$ $and$ $out$, $screen$ $switch$, $and$ $tons$ $more$
    I'm a PalmRevolt user and I've never had crash problems with it. Occasionally it will lose my registration when I zero-out and restore from a back up, but not every time.