Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hello all.

I bought my treo like 4 weeks ago, unfortunatly i'm living outside U.S.A so palm support here is not very usefull.

It's an unlocked GSM treo 650.

So far, i only had one problem and it is that allways after a long period of standby mode with the phone in ON , when i touch any button, the phone takes like 3 or 4 seconds to turn on the display. Pressing any other buttons just take like 5 seconds to acomplish and it's practical impossible to use.

In fact, if from another phone line, i call my treo 650 it never rings.

After pressing like 10 or 12 buttons, the phone just does not respond anymore.

The only way to get out of this state, is to do a soft reset.

I have not installed anything at all, except the upgrade 1.13.

I have not experienced any random reset or similiar things that i have read here.

anyone have a clue about this problem? Any solution?

I must say that apart from this problem, i love my treo.
    Thanks in advance.
    this is already discussed in more than one thread. I'm on a slow connection now, so can't search for you, but they're here.

it seems the latest firmware 1.31, which is originally from Cingular but works for unlocked GSM, solves the issue.

can anyone confirm this? I'm with 1.28 and I'd like to upgrade.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    My house happens to be in a signal hole -- I get very low coverage in my house. I've found the same behavior very consistently when I leave my phone on over night at home.

I just came back from Ireland. I left my cell on 24x7 at the house I was staying at -- with absolutely no problems over two weeks. I had a good signal throughout.

Back home -- same old issue.

My wife's 650 is worse than mine. I told her to turn off her phone when at home -- and I think she's been more stable.

My theory is that the phone's firmware/software doesn't handle low signal situations well.

Any chance you're in standby for more than a few seconds in a low signal quality area?

(Or, perhaps, I could be all wet!)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thanks all for your answers.
    First at all, IT IS SOMETHING related to the phone. If I leave my phone overnight switched off, the treo works perfect at the next morning.

in my case, i don't think is related to poor signal because I have full scale signal in my home. Besides, this occurs ALWAYS overnight, but in my work also, when for example I don't touch my cellphone for like 5 hours.

Even worst, it does not allow me to type #*377 SEND to see the error log.

I think this is something clearly software related, not a hardwarse issue, but my treo is out of the box plus upgrade 1.13

My cellphone firmware is 1.28

Any clues again? Thanks in advance.

I'm currently living in Argentina. (south south south america
    Mine does the same thing (sometimes). I think it started doing it after I went to 1.28, and it still does it with 1.31.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I have seen fewer slow downs (none in a week) since my last upgrade. I am running a CNG phone with 1.13ROW software and 1.31 FW.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Well, after reading a while, I have upgraded my treo to fw 1.31

Exactly the same thing happends.

I left the phone overnight, or 2 hours in standby and when I try to turn on the phone or touche any button, it takes like 10 seconds to respond, but the phone is practical unusefull.

If from another line I call myself , the treo turns on the display, but never rings, it's like dying and saying the last words.

It's really sad.
    The upgrade does NOT solve the problem. In fact, I'm convinced that the upgrade CAUSED the problem, since I never eperienced this hang/slow down/freeze situation before the upgrade.

For whatever reason, I haven't experienced this condition again for a week or so now (knock on wood!), and I'm not quite sure why. But I DO have very poor signal strength in my house, so that COULD be a contributing factor. I think I had this happen to me once at work (after the phone was inactive for a couple hours) though...

Frustrating!

-Kirk
    Quote Originally Posted by KMeloney
    The upgrade does NOT solve the problem. In fact, I'm convinced that the upgrade CAUSED the problem, since I never eperienced this hang/slow down/freeze situation before the upgrade.
    well,

as far as what we're writing here, it seems the firmware revision (1.28 or 1.31) is not related with the issue (even if I wished that).
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Well, i got my treo 650 back from palm support. (they took a month ! )
    It's new, firmware 1.15 and software 1.06-row.

So far, is working ok, i'm just afraid to make some upgrade now.