1.    #1  
    OK, so I am really frustrated. A bit of background, I am a "power user" have had a cell phone since the late 80's, and no longer own a land line. I try to survive on a 4000 minute plan, and I have lived with a wired headset for years. Most of my friends don't know what I look like without my headset on.

So I search/find/read every thread on here about wireless headsets before I embarked on my ordeal.

First attempt was the Treo Bluetooth Headset. Worked fine for me as long as I held the phone right up to my face. Most of the people I talked with didn't like the sound on their end, and it was worthless outside. I didn't find it real comfortable, but I could have lived with it, had it worked better.

Then I ordered the new Plantronics Voyager 510, and I really liked it. Felt good, I could wear it 18 hours a day with comfort. Sounded good, some folks couldn't tell I was on a headset. Volume on my end was almost too loud. I found myself with call volume around 40%. I also got really good distance from the phone with it. I work in a computer repair shop so we have a lot of electronic noise, and it was the best I have had. I can leave the phone on my desk, and walk into the service room and carry on a clear conversation. Only problem is that it averaged 8-10 seconds to get the handoff from Treo. My customers were having to wait 5-8 seconds after they heard my Treo answer before they would hear me say hello. Can't deal with that. On outbound it wasn't any better, people I would call would be saying "hello? hello?" several times before the handoff was complete.

So, then I ordered the Logitech Mobile Pro. It got here today. Very prompt handoff from the Treo, but very low volume, and it basically wouldn't work in my office. Called the wife, called my phone geek friends, everyone thought it sucked. It was also too big, too ugly, but if it had worked I would have lived with that. It went back the same day.

So now I am backed to my old trusted Plantronics wired headset.

Is it really this hard? All I want is a headset that I can wear 18 hours a day, sounds clear to the people on the other end, good outside, with a quick handoff from the Treo. I don't care if it has a boom or not (although I prefer a boom), I don't care if it is big and ugly....as long as it works. Is there such an animal? Is the HBH-300 the answer to my problems? Any other suggestions?

Sorry for the rant...but I feel better now.
    Comfort is kind of like beauty...

I did not find it comfortable, but the Jabra BT250v worked very well otherwise. I got mine from Verizon, and it worked with the handsfree profile which Palm's site said the Treo did not support with this headset. The controls were easy to use and it paired in a snap. Volume was good on both ends, but the bulky over the ear piece didn't work well with glasses.

I'm currently using a Motorola HS-850. It works ok for my needs, but the Treo only supports the headset profile with it, i.e. manual call transfer, etc. The comfort difference made it worthwile to me.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Hey 45wheelgun...

Get the Scala 500 headset. Speaker volume is good, voice quality is great. Most people don't know I am on a headset. It is comfortable. Quick handoff even on auto answer. Excellent battery life between charging.

You can get it at Treo Central under 50 bucks.

Chuck
    I tried the Jabra 250v and HT-850 side by side today. I was hoping to keep the 250v because of the vibrate feature but the sound quality wasn't great. Lot of crackling and popping sounds even with when I had the phone right next to the headset. In the same environment, the HT-850 sounded much better. I'm not sure if I've found the best but between the 2, the HT-850 was definitely better. I'm still searching for the best. Going to try the Scala next.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark
    I tried the Jabra 250v and HT-850 side by side today. I was hoping to keep the 250v because of the vibrate feature but the sound quality wasn't great. Lot of crackling and popping sounds even with when I had the phone right next to the headset. In the same environment, the HT-850 sounded much better. I'm not sure if I've found the best but between the 2, the HT-850 was definitely better. I'm still searching for the best. Going to try the Scala next.
    I have been using the Scala for a couple of weeks now. I've found it to be reliably loud, static resistant, and understandable on the other end enough to hold onto. Have a new Pro sitting in the box and will try contrasting/comparing them in the next couple of days.
    David
    The Jabra is useless if you plan on using it in a noisy environment. THe HBH-300 has low volume, but if you add a Jabra eargel from one of the wired headsets then that will solve the volume issue. Handoff is immediate

But doesn't BT Mute solve the handoff delay issue? You may want to try it out before spending money on another headset.
    The HBH-300 is awesome. Every bit as good as the best wired headset. (And I own both the Shure and the Etymotic.) You can wear it all day and it simply disappears - you're not all aware of it at all. Connects immediately. Subtle ringer.
    Forget the Jabra Eargels. Run immediately to http://www.slicsound.com and purchase their slicksounds. The little buds work like they were made just for the Sony. They are silver gray, fit well over the earpiece like they were made for it, and stay in place. There's a selection of sizes and shapes for the left and right ears.

They fit gently into the ear, but it's not at all intrusive. The biggest benefit was the volume. Believe it or not, I actually had to turn the headset volume down - in my quiet office it was too loud!

These should come standard with the headset - the difference is huge. And only 11 bucks.