1.    #1  
    OK. Treocentral just did a review in which they went on and on about how amazing the HBH-300 is. So....my question (which is not answered in any other thread I could find in my exhaustive search) is....has anyone compared it to the Logitech Mobile Pro? I have the Pro and have generally really liked it except for 2 things. I think it looks a bit bulky/ugly (the HBH-300 looks more "sleek") and the volume in the earpiece seems a bit low often (since it does not go into the ear like the HBH-300 does). Anyone?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    The 300 has low volume, too, as do all Sony Ericsson headsets. However, this is solved by adding a colored Jabra eargel. I have the 300 and like it, but the earclip cannot be removed so after about 30 minutes my ear begins to hurt due to the clip/gel combo. Other than that, I like it a lot. I actually just bought a 662 because the clip is removeable. Unfortunately I haven't tried the Logitech, but I hear great things about it. If the volume is the main reason why you are cosidering a switch, you may want to try adding an eargel to it, too.
    I have both and find that the HBH-300 becomes really uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so. Sound quality is good but it is difficult to get on quickly when exiting a airplane seat,which I do frequently! The LMP is more comfortable, looks uglier!!, easy to put on and take off, equal in sound quality, thus it is the one I am using today!
  4.    #4  
    Great responses. Thanks. Looks like I'm better off sticking with the ugly Pro. By the way, it isn't possible to add an eargel on the Pro since it doesn't really have a place/way to put it on. The Pro uses just a big padded area that sits outside the ear so there is no protrusion for the gel.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    This would be a great comparison. I didn't even think of the HBH-300. I have extensive reviews on the logitech mobile vs. the plantronics v510 voyager.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=boom

I use the logitech mobile because of sound quality. Is the HBH-300 equal to wind noise and noise cancellation?
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    This would be a great comparison. I didn't even think of the HBH-300. I have extensive reviews on the logitech mobile vs. the plantronics v510 voyager.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=boom

I use the logitech mobile because of sound quality. Is the HBH-300 equal to wind noise and noise cancellation?
    I can't speak for the Logitech, but the HBH-300 is very good with noise cancellation. I added a windscreen from another headset to increase noise reduction. Now I can be in the car with the radio on and windows down and have no problem with the person I'm talking to hearing me.

From what I can tell, it seems the people who have the Logitech are able to get the results I have with my HBH-300 without having to make any adjustments like the windscreen or Jabra eargel. It does have 10 hours talk time, though!
    big tone. do you use the eargel from jabra? also, how small is it? will it fit in your pocket of your shorts or jeans? when you sit down if in your pocket do you feel like it will break?
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    big tone. do you use the eargel from jabra? also, how small is it? will it fit in your pocket of your shorts or jeans? when you sit down if in your pocket do you feel like it will break?
    The headset is just over 5 inches long and yes, it will fit in my pocket. The Jabra eargels are similar to the ones you see in the eBay listing below:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Jabra-2-5mm-Boom...QQcmdZViewItem

The eargels that I have had the best results from have what appear to be "flaps" on the end that connects to the headset. The one I have is purple, so if you can find someone selling a headset with a purple eargel, that's the one. The purple-colored ones are the large ones. The others work, but not as well in my opinion. The clear ones worked the least to me because they weren't nearly as comfortable as the colored ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Great responses. Thanks. Looks like I'm better off sticking with the ugly Pro. By the way, it isn't possible to add an eargel on the Pro since it doesn't really have a place/way to put it on. The Pro uses just a big padded area that sits outside the ear so there is no protrusion for the gel.
    I had been using the cardo Scala 500 until today. I fired up the Logitech Pro, and I don't think I'll look back. The Scala had good volume, good range, and pretty good sound on the other end, but, after a half hour or so, my ear would be aching. The Pro, though it is enormous, is much more comfortable. Sound is just as loud or louder, and those on the other end tell me it sounds clearer than the 500...
    David
    any more reviews between the 2? I'm very happy with the logitech sound quality, but am looking for something that I can put in my pocket. I think the 300 might fit the bill if the noise cancelling is up to par with the logitech. With the windscreen on the logitech mobile I can be outside pretty much anywhere and people think i'm indoors.