1.    #1  
    My phone popped outta its clip in belt holster and dropped - the LCD now has 4 or 5 cracks running from top to bottom - phone still works though. What do y'all think Palm would charge me if I sent them my Treo 650 to have a new LCD put in? I'm sooo pissed...
    screen repair fee is $100 i believe...
    I can't stop saying it enough. Get the insurance. Either by user fault or devise fault, it always ends up saving you money. Sorry to hit you with this when your down. I feel your pain. This post is for the next unfortuate soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I can't stop saying it enough. Get the insurance. Either by user fault or devise fault, it always ends up saving you money. Sorry to hit you with this when your down. I feel your pain. This post is for the next unfortuate soul.
    Unless you have cingular and can't get insurance
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I know...when I said I'm soo pissed, I meant I'm pissed at myself for not having the insurance...Don't worry...I've already kicked myself in the head a few times now...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nixoloco
    Unless you have cingular and can't get insurance
    I've got Verizon...2 Treo 650s and 2 Moto V710s
    yea, cingular doesnt offer insurance - wtf?! I almost didn't buy the phone....
    does anyone know a 3rd party treo insurance company?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    yea, cingular doesnt offer insurance - wtf?!
    I have 2 650s with Cingular both with the insurance offered by Cingular. I think it is lockline.
    How much does the insurance cost? I have Cingular but I assume it is similar for most carriers

-Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    screen repair fee is $100 i believe...

I hope you're right. I thought I remembered the cost being $150.
    If it's a sprint they won't fix it. My friend had a similar experience.... TWICE! and I had insurance so we just swapped screens and he paid me for the insurance renewal(through compusa) on my new treo.
    $20 All inclusive (no deduct) for one year thru my home owners.
    See this thread: Treo Insurance
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog
    If it's a sprint they won't fix it. My friend had a similar experience.... TWICE! and I had insurance so we just swapped screens and he paid me for the insurance renewal(through compusa) on my new treo.
    Um... you might not want to post about insurance fraud in a public forum.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog
    and people wonder why stuf costs so much...........
    Hmm....elder_shawn's link to his third-party insurance advice is down.

So, for all you Cingular nuts that still haven't found insurance....GO TALK TO A STATE FARM AGENT TODAY! Make sure they sign you up for a Personal Articles Policy. Don't ask people on this board any more questions about it, just do it! Also...you might wanna talk about adding your laptop to the PAP because it'll really save you money once you calculate the prices for both the laptop & phone...and just either or.

Just bring both laptop and phone to State Farm immediately!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Hmm....elder_shawn's link to his third-party insurance advice is down.

So, for all you Cingular nuts that still haven't found insurance....GO TALK TO A STATE FARM AGENT TODAY! Make sure they sign you up for a Personal Articles Policy. Don't ask people on this board any more questions about it, just do it! Also...you might wanna talk about adding your laptop to the PAP because it'll really save you money once you calculate the prices for both the laptop & phone...and just either or.

Just bring both laptop and phone to State Farm immediately!
    The link I tried to place there was just a search of this forum about the topic. There are currently 5 or 6 threads discussing insurance. My PAP thru my homeowners covers the Treo / Case / SD Card for $20 per / yr.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!