View Poll Results: Which 650 firmware do you use?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint Ver. 1.06

0 0%
  • Sprint Ver. 1.08

2 3.17%
  • Sprint Ver. 1.12

29 46.03%
  • Cingular Ver. 1.13 ROW

6 9.52%
  • Cingular Ver. 1.15 ROW

5 7.94%
  • Cingular Ver. 1.23

0 0%
  • Cingular Ver. 1.28 ROW

5 7.94%
  • Verizon 1.01

1 1.59%
  • Verizon 1.03

5 7.94%
  • MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF.......

10 15.87%
  1.    #1  
    A recent user was having difficulty in figuring out how to post a poll. I gave him step by step instruction on how to do this. He did not quite get it.
    Maybe he thinks some great powers behind the curtin creates polls.
    He didn't leave many specifics so I had to improvise. Hope I got it right.

This for you Tom Jefferson 'ol pal.
    Welcome to treo|central. We look forward to your participation.

EDIT: Addendum: Due to the 10 item limit in the polls, and the many firmware versions, if your version is NOT LISTED you should probably choose the last option.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

Here was the original question for the poll:
    Mods: Can you please post a survey thread asking which 650 firmware people like best?
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/10/2005 at 03:31 PM.
    You are a scholar and a gentleman!
  3.    #3  
    Don't bet on it! ;-)

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    You are a scholar and a gentleman!
    No...he's the mighty (or meek?) Wizard behind the curtain!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    No...he's the mighty (or meek?) Wizard behind the curtain!
    Hey I'm in Texas. Careful with the word Wizard. That I ain't
    At least you didn't say Grand.
    Peace. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Hey I'm in Texas. Careful with the word Wizard. That I ain't
    At least you didn't say Grand.
    Peace. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ies/tongue.gif
    If I had said Grand, I would have added "Poobah"
    I voted VZ 1.03 but its actually a VZ 1.03 Custom.

Maybe you need a "custom" choice for each of the firmware version currently shown.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestr
    I voted VZ 1.03 but its actually a VZ 1.03 Custom.

Maybe you need a "custom" choice for each of the firmware version currently shown.
    Well...like I said, he didn't leave any specifics, and there were not enough options to add the various Great Shadowmite's customs (which BTW, I prefer.)
    I was limited to just 10 options. :-)

Thread Crapper

But I'm using 1.31, and its not on the list. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I have an unbranded unlocked GSM with 1.31 firmware and 1.13 ROW software (not on list)
    I have a Cingular unlocked with 1.31 firmware and 1.13 ROW software and Custom ROM. I didn't know what to pick from the poll. The closest was 1.13.
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    I have an unbranded unlocked GSM with 1.31 firmware and 1.13 ROW software (not on list)
    Yeah, us people with factory unlocked GSM's get no respect
    Sprint 1.12.... Really haven't seen the need to create a custom rom since the release of this one...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hey..

The wizard hides behind the curtain because his eye hairs are to long. He cain't come out from behind da dang curtain ifin he cain't see it...

Chuck

Sprint Treo 650 with 1.08, PDANET, PDAREACH, Voicesignal dialer, P1 WIFI card w/Shadowmight T-5 driver hack, Scala 500 Headset etc.
    Last edited by chckhbrt; 08/12/2005 at 04:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    But I'm using 1.31, and its not on the list. . .
    ...me too!
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Thanks for the effort, but the request was not for which firmware they use, but rather which one they liked best so far, which firmware worked better.

The reason for this is that I suspect, partially based on what I'm hearing, that many upgraded to the latest Cingular firmware, but would have preferred to stay where they were before.
  17.    #17  
    Well why would you use a version you don't like, or one that makes your phone buggy?
    I think it's a natural assumption that one would use what they like, and what works best.

Also NOTE: There is now a pt.2 to the poll (different poll) for those using Cingular 1.30 Sorry for missing you guys.http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

Thread Crapper

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    Thanks for the effort, but the request was not for which firmware they use, but rather which one they liked best so far, which firmware worked better.

The reason for this is that I suspect, partially based on what I'm hearing, that many upgraded to the latest Cingular firmware, but would have preferred to stay where they were before.
    Hey I did my best. If it was not what you were wanting, you should DONE IT YOURSELF which was why I originally gave YOU the instruction to do so.
    And you are welcome. It took NO effort, just a little FAQ reading.

Thread Crapper

1.13 ROW GSM .. Good ones
    Control Life from Your Pocket