Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I have been trying it out on the 600 and it seems fine. I use it when I cant use blazer or if I don't want to 'wait' for blazer to load ;-)
    That's what I'm doing. It's an "option" for a few sites Blazer doesn't like.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I use all of them; Blazer, Xiino, Opera, and Webviewer for different sites. Each is better suited for different sites and in some cases one works where the other 3 don't.
    In general it's Xiino and Blazer about 80% of the time with Webviewer and Opera more for special cases.
    However, Opera simply does a great job of rendering some sites for the small screen so well it's just simply the best choice. One example is Howard Forums. Impossible on Blazer, hard to view on Xiino, but Opera does a good job of getting everything on the screen.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I use all of them; Blazer, Xiino, Opera, and Webviewer for different sites. Each is better suited for different sites and in some cases one works where the other 3 don't.
    In general it's Xiino and Blazer about 80% of the time with Webviewer and Opera more for special cases.
    However, Opera simply does a great job of rendering some sites for the small screen so well it's just simply the best choice. One example is Howard Forums. Impossible on Blazer, hard to view on Xiino, but Opera does a good job of getting everything on the screen.
    But if you want to download files as well (especially to the SD card, meaning any file at all), the patched version of Webpro 3 is best...or you can use downloader. But I use all the rest for specific purposes. Wish there was one browser that did everything well.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    doesnt seem to work on my phone. When I goto a web address, it goes "processing" and freezes. Have to soft reset...

Can someone tell me the proper way of deleting Opera Mini? It saying its a protected item.
    Last edited by Meteo; 08/22/2005 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteo
    doesnt seem to work on my phone. When I goto a web address, it goes "processing" and freezes. Have to soft reset...

Can someone tell me the proper way of deleting Opera Mini? It saying its a protected item.
    i had to do a warm reset then delete.
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I am also having the freeze problem. Any ideas what the solution is? THis appears to be able to load some sites and not others...
    The problem of operamini over the treo is not operamini, is the treo and his crappy JVM.

Try operamini over a cheap cellphone (like a SE t610 or equivalent) or over a good smartphone like the PXX0 series, or over a Symbian S60 device, and look what can do.

Opera is (by far) the best browser available in all platforms it runs Palmops is just an exception to this rule.

PalmOS users are predestined to have only crappy browsers, its sad but is true.
    Update OM 1.1 is now out and is officially available.

Take a look HERE

I' can't try it for now over the treo because mine is out for a week, for repairs.
    thanks. i just installed it and it doesn't have the previous scrolling problem. i'll test it's stability.
    Apparently sprint 650 users are having error 10 problems and are unable to connect with the latest version. F***king awesome
    I am okay with GSM. I just can't remove previous version and have to rename it something else, like Opera2. I guess it you have a friend with a GSM version, you can ask him to beam it to you.
    The problem is not that there are different versions but that the network connection for the cdma is not working with the newest version. Thanks for the idea though and enjoy your new browser (**sighs with anguish**)
    Anybody gotten the new version to work on sprint 650?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    the five-way navigation is all screwed up though. when you click down once on the 5-way, the cursor drops down 3 times.
    its as if its TOO responsive to the nav. button. it also crashed when i tried saving a new bookmarks within the browser.
    its fast, about the same speed as xiino, but the 5-way nav is crazy. i have to use the stylus instead.
    anyone else having these problems?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    sorry, the scrolling problem I posted about was already reported above.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Nah. Deleted this thing.

1) unstable as hell - crashes constantly.

2) scrolling problem - makes browser unusable.

3) opera renders images terribly - appearing blurry and distorted - indistinguishable.

4) opera wasn't able to handle several websites I tried opening, and caused resets when I tried to save them to bookmarks.

not a good solution until those issues are fixed. Xiino and web pro both outshine opera mini by leaps and bounds!!!
    I found Opera Mini 1.1 to be more usable than 1.0, except for all the freaking crashes. Scrolling is better. Photos are better. English was the default language.

The Opera people have a forum for Opera Mini, and I suggest we all go over there and start posting about problems with the Treo.

The URL for the Opera Mini forum is:
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=111

I've already posted something there. Let's hope the developers read them.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    I've just finished reading all 5 pgs of posts about Opera Mini. The reason I may come acrossed a little obsessed with this topic, is because I am obsessed about one thing: I WANT TO HAVE JAVA TECHNOLOGY ON MY TREO 650 TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS CHAT ROOMS THAT THE TREO DOESN'T HAVE WHEN IT COMES RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

Does anyone know if Opera would be able to do this for me, or is there another better way to go to access chat rooms that uses Java technology that the 650 doesn't initially come with.

As far as Blazer goes, I'm pretty satisfied with it as a web browser.. It's just there's a lot of web sites out there on topics I'm interested in, that have chat rooms I can't participate in that becomes a bit frustrating! :-l

Any help someone can give me that would bring me to a resolution of my problem would be GREATLY appreciated.
    RedeemedByGrace
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345