Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    *hears the far away screams of the poor norwegian company whose proxy every treo on treocentral is now using*...
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    *hears the far away screams of the poor norwegian company whose proxy every treo on treocentral is now using*...
    Not by me I deleted it. It may be as fast as Xiino and looks almost as nice as Blazer but it is not user friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Not by me I deleted it. It may be as fast as Xiino and looks almost as nice as Blazer but it is not user friendly.
    WORD...Feel like beta, no good. delete much...

I don't know why I just posted that like a cave man, must be because it is early in the AM and I am stuck at work.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    For a long time I've been looking for a browser to replace blazer that would allow me to log in to php or asp sites. Do you know if this browser will do that?
    Last edited by thoroughbred; 08/17/2005 at 07:08 AM.
    PalmPilot, Palm III, Kyocera 6035, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650 (current)
    I am not sure if Opera Mini will allow you to do this, but you might as well try. Here's the link to the guy who figured out how to do this. He has alot of information on his site, and remember this is version 1, so more faetures should be in fuuture releases.

http://operalover.tntluoma.com/8/opera_mini_on_treo
    I can't find the javaruntime for the Treo 600 for free.

I love Opera, but I'm not paying to run a browser when I already have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter

Thanks. Just what I was looking for. Not worth the 2.5MB java footprint when Mobirus already allows for Xiino to be the default browser. That setting makes a world of difference.
    Java footprint is only 1.5mb AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Thanks. Just what I was looking for. Not worth the 2.5MB java footprint when Mobirus already allows for Xiino to be the default browser. That setting makes a world of difference.
    I myself already have java since kmaps is so friggen awesome but Opera jumps 2 links or 2 pages each time to press the 5way so you have to tap the screen or press the "OK" button at just the right time before it overshoots the link you want. And if you cant set it as the default browser its useless to me.

Here is the list of cons in the link previously posted:
    1) Cannot register Opera Mini as the default browser (perhaps this is a limitation of the Palm OS?)
    2) Opera Mini cannot be set as the browser to use with SnapperMail, even using the B-U-G option to access hidden features. SnapperMail tech support said that Opera Mini “must support the PalmOS Exchange Manager” for this to work. I assume it doesn’t because it is not a Palm-specific app.
    3) Could not find a way to assign a hard button to launch Opera (went to Prefs > Buttons, but Opera does not appear in the listing).
    4) Does not work with pages which require HTTP login
    5) Cannot download files such as .exe or .dmg. This is a real bummer, because one of the things I want to be able to do is download files onto my Treo and transfer them to my Mac using MissingSync. Apparently Blazer4 can do this, but I’m not ready to buy a Treo650 yet :-/
    6) Also cannot download .prc or .zip files, which even Blazer3 can do :-/
    7) Navigation with the Treo 5-way is jumpy... it often will move two links when I push the button once. Have to use the stylus.
    But it is just as fast as Xiino and it displays the web a lot better than Xiino almost as nice as Blazer. I am looking forward to an updated Opera.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 08/17/2005 at 11:54 AM.
    I just wrote a preview of my less than 24 hours of using Opera Mini on my treo. I am actually gonna break out my soon to be ebay'ed Tungsten T3 to try it out on. Here's a link to my article. Just scroll down a few and you will find it.

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad.../17/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by thoroughbred
    For a long time I've been looking for a browser to replace blazer that would allow me to log in to php or asp sites. Do you know if this browser will do that?
    The *output* from PHP or ASP sites is just html.. If Blazer isn't working with it, something is *wrong*, as Blazer certainly handles it fine here. I haven't tried ASP sites as I try to avoid such things, but php certainly is fine.

Remember, the web site sends the file type down the pipeline, the extension on the name doesn't make a bit of difference. In fact, the first thing that's sent from the web server is:

Content-type: text/html

For text/html. If it's not, the server is at fault.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I've posted screenshots of almost every screen in the app here: http://aaronfg.com/bitothis/2005/08/...600650_17.html

For those of you who don't have Java installed or are just curious before you install it.

So far it's pretty nice, but it's really obvious we're running an app that wasn't made for our Treos. But it shows so much promise. Hopefully the Opera devs will see all this publicity and excitement for their browser on the Palm platform that they'll fix the bugs we have so far.

Honestly, I'm suprised it works so well on Palm as it is. Have you guys seen the hi-res T3 screenshots over at 1src? Aside from the images still being tiny and blurry is does 320x480. Very nice.
    possibly complete off topic but, does anyone know what the difference is between the $5.99 IBM Websphere JAVA in the news item (from software connection) and the FREE Websphere JAVA from the IBM website is?

-Ben
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    treo 650,600 and a few others get it for free, other palm uses have to pay 5.99
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    treo 650,600 and a few others get it for free, other palm uses have to pay 5.99
    Just say you are a developer and you, too, can get it free.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Here's a link to the screenshots I took of my soon to be ebayed t3. I originally had it on my 650, but then wanted to see if it would work on 320x480. It looks alot better than the pictures show. Here's the link:http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94585
    I can't get the opera mini icon to show up... I use silverscreen and that has to be why cause when I exit the prog I can see it just fine. Also why does opera mini install itself as a locked app anyways?
    As far as showing up, did you try refreashing your screen? I don't know anything about silverscreen but many times when I download an app I have to hit the refreash icon in Zlauncher.

As far as mini being locked, ya that really ticked me off, I had to hard reset just to get rid of the mini database. I tried to delete with uninstall manager, megacom, Zlauncher, I canged the file so it wasent read only, and still whe I tried to delete it it said it was protected. It also crashed my Treo and I never get crashes!

Its just not ready for palm yet.
    No there's no refresh or anything, stuff just shows up normally... I used resco to copy it to sd, but does no good, heh. I should try zlauncher huh? I hear it's the best.
    I have been trying it out on the 600 and it seems fine. I use it when I cant use blazer or if I don't want to 'wait' for blazer to load ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast