Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    There's an application on my Treo 650, EPEngine.prc, that shows up when I view Information/Delete -- does anyone know what this is? There seems to be no corresponding application, EPEngine, in my menu.

EPEngine is 260k and was created by EPBr.

And does anyone know if this is something that can be deleted?
    It is not in my view of Info or Delete. Hopefully, someone will know what it is and where it came from. . . .
    Found this with a Google search:

http://datamystic.com/buy/epengine.html
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Have you tried any chess games? It may be the engine left over from that.
    Road Below

IHS
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Below
    Have you tried any chess games? It may be the engine left over from that.
    On my old Treo 600 I had a chess program. (My ego demanded that I remove it <g>.) When I got my Treo 650 I renamed my old backup folder and did a clean install, so there shouldn't be any leftovers from that old chess program.

EPEngine.prc is a mystery. I'm usually able to figure out what such a large application does, but this one turns up only dead ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    On my old Treo 600 I had a chess program. (My ego demanded that I remove it <g>.) When I got my Treo 650 I renamed my old backup folder and did a clean install, so there shouldn't be any leftovers from that old chess program.

EPEngine.prc is a mystery. I'm usually able to figure out what such a large application does, but this one turns up only dead ends.
    Are there any clues in your current Backup folder on your PC? Files of similiar names or parent? Is the file, also in your old 600 PC backup folder? If so, then it has to be common to a program you installed on both. If not, then it is from a program you only installed on your 650.
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/10/2005 at 12:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Are there any clues in your current Backup folder on your PC? Files of similiar names or parent? Is the file, also in your old 600 PC backup folder? If so, then it has to be common to a program you installed on both. If not, then it is from a program you only installed on your 650.
    Yes -- that file is in both my current backup folder and my older backup folder. So you must be correct: It's from something I did have on my Treo 600.

I think I'm going to wait a couple more hours to see if anyone recognizes the file name and then delete it.
    This is why I love cleanup from northglide....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions