1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to turn off the keyboard backlight only? I don't want to have to download a program to do it.
    thats the only way...get kblights
    Software Engineer
    US Army TACOM
    Civilian
    No
  4.    #4  
    ok i will try it.

is it free?
    Search for KeyShades. It is only 5 k in size. Has no app icon to clutter up launcher. Turn kb lights on & off with side button but doesnot interfere with Butler, button launch or anything else & it's Freeware!! What else could you want!!
    keyshades can be downloaded from http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm. I recommend the "beta" - I'm pretty sure it's stable, I just haven't gotten around to changing the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    Search for KeyShades. It is only 5 k in size. Has no app icon to clutter up launcher. Turn kb lights on & off with side button but doesnot interfere with Butler, button launch or anything else & it's Freeware!! What else could you want!!
    KeyShades is great, except if I've been using TCMP to watch a movie on Full Screen - for some reason KeyShades stops working and I can no longer turn on the keyboard backlight without soft reset. Anyone else had this problem?
    Ok - seen this issue discussed back in May. Will try the newer versions of KeyShades.
    actually, that's (mostly) a TCPMP bug. Current versions of keyshades work around it, and current versions of TCPMP fix the underlying problem.
    What is the name of the program that uses the camera to adjust the backlight based on lighting conditions?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I like the kill touchscreen app from the keyshades home page.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    OK Tried this one because I remember reading about it before. It totally screwed up my treo. After uninstalling I still can't seem to get my keyboard lights to work right. Some like it, but I vote against. In any event, it is free.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    OK Tried this one because I remember reading about it before. It totally screwed up my treo. After uninstalling I still can't seem to get my keyboard lights to work right. Some like it, but I vote against. In any event, it is free.
    I didn't like it much either; that's why I wrote keyshades . To each their own.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I installed keyshades but the keypad lights are still on although it's dimmer. I was hoping to be able to turn it completely off. I tried pressing the side button and it doesn't do anything.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws