1.    #1  
    Hi all, just want to let you know about my search for the perfect headset for my treo. Ofcourse it had to be bluetooth and it has got to have at least a 100 meter range - more or less. First bT I got was from sony ericsson, paid 79 bucks for it and I sold it on ebay for 25.00 . That thing was awful, I could not hear the person I was talking to. It looks really bad too. My 2nd bT was the G2 TREK , very nice very hip and it has a reasonable range. The only problem? everytime I want to use it i got to turn the darn thing on first and my god i have to adjust the friggin volume everytime. I hated it ! ANd finally after 2 strikes - I found the perfect one, it`s called i-tech and I got it from china direct. bluetooth,always connected,125 meters,volume stays put,nice blue LED light and most of all. It`s Stereo ! yes I can listen to Ptunes or realplayer on stereo. Everytime my phone rings the headset vibrates even if my ringer is off. I just love it.
    How much? $70.00 , and worth every penny.
    It`s not how you stand by your car, It`s how you race your car.
    Quote Originally Posted by xjetx
    Hi all, just want to let you know about my search for the perfect headset for my treo. Ofcourse it had to be bluetooth and it has got to have at least a 100 meter range - more or less. First bT I got was from sony ericsson, paid 79 bucks for it and I sold it on ebay for 25.00 . That thing was awful, I could not hear the person I was talking to. It looks really bad too. My 2nd bT was the G2 TREK , very nice very hip and it has a reasonable range. The only problem? everytime I want to use it i got to turn the darn thing on first and my god i have to adjust the friggin volume everytime. I hated it ! ANd finally after 2 strikes - I found the perfect one, it`s called i-tech and I got it from china direct. bluetooth,always connected,125 meters,volume stays put,nice blue LED light and most of all. It`s Stereo ! yes I can listen to Ptunes or realplayer on stereo. Everytime my phone rings the headset vibrates even if my ringer is off. I just love it.
    How much? $70.00 , and worth every penny.
    That sounds pretty amazing. Is it a single earpiece? If so, how do you get stereo sound? What is the source website? Thanks...
    David
    First of all, this is the wrong forum.

Second, bluetooth doesn't go 300 feet, much less, 375 feet.

Third, if it is the one I found, it has a wire coming from a receiver you clip on to your shirt. There is only one earplug. Thus, no way could it be stereo.

Fourth, the one I found does not list the 650 as a compatible phone.
    Here's a link: http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=117126

It is a hybrid device - wired stereo headset with interruptible bluetooth telcom capability. Pretty nifty idea.

Plug into the TREO for stereo and get Bluetooth calls
    or just use as a bluetooth device only without the wire to the TREO.
    Bob
    Funny, I always thought (and still do by the way) that the Bluetooth profile in the Treo 650 does not support the musicplayers, but only telephone calls.

But with this amazing thing (TellSell anyone?) I can leave my Treo at my desk and enjoy listening to music when I walk around the house or sit in my garden? Wow!
    Anyone else have other information on this device? I would be interested in getting it for my iPod if anything...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    there is more info at this site: http://mobile.brando.com.hk/iTech.php
    Looks kinda neat I ordered one and will report back.
    Bluetake's BT420 can do stereo music and BT phone calls

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm

Stereo music requires their dongle (which supplies the BT 1.2 stereo signals), but that's not worse than using a wired connector ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    So this is not wireless, and if its not wireless why do you say the range is 125 meter..
    Last edited by Dymekatcha; 08/11/2005 at 12:05 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Hi all, I saw that one from i-Tech that was actually my first choice but they wer all sold out. I got an i-Touch w/c is basically the same thing but a lot cheaper. Yes sir it has two ear pcs thats why its stereo.If you buy this headset it`s going to come with a cd driver for i-Tech blue player. you basically run the driver and then you copy it to your sd and voila you can listen to tunes.
    Here`s their website www.itechdynamic.com
    It`s not how you stand by your car, It`s how you race your car.
    So I got this today and its interesting. Not really sure I'll use it though. I do not listen to music on the 650, favoring an IPOD instead. I was considering it to listen to audio books and do the switch off to the phone as needed. The concept is good and the bluetooth sound is great on both ends.

It is definitely wireless at least from the phone, although for a wireless blue tooth the unit sure looks wired. The " wired " look for bluetooth is not that great, although I did realize that when I bought it. I prefer the earclip type of headset for sure. The earphone jack for the audio is also the larger 3.5 mm so you will still need your adapter. The bluetooth part paired perfectly with the Treo.

Oh yes and there is no charger for the unit. You are limited to a single AAA battery. Good if you own stock in Eveready

All in all kinda neat but its going in my gadget drawer.
    Last edited by robangel; 08/17/2005 at 01:07 AM.