1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having this issue?

Seems everytime someone sends me an SMS as I am getting a phone call (it also happens when I launch apps and get a call) I get a reset that messes up every setting I have and I have to Hard Reset/re-sync to get back my settings ?

It's getting extremely annoying to the point that I want to strip all software off the phone and go "bare bones" with the Treo...

It's on the Verizon Network with a lot of software on it.

I've done the cleanup of the SMS messages in FileZ, but I just got a call while doing my cleanup work and it crashed again !!!

HELP !!! ANYONE !!!
    Do an Error check, and see what program it says.

I believe on VZW, it is #*#377#
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Do you have VeriChat installed with "always online" mode enabled?
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the error check for Verizon - I forgot code - it says Initiate now, but that was after the hard reset/re-sync - I'll have to wait until it crashes again.

No Verichat installed - I heard there were "issues"...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePimpDaddy
    Thanks for the error check for Verizon - I forgot code - it says Initiate now, but that was after the hard reset/re-sync - I'll have to wait until it crashes again.

No Verichat installed - I heard there were "issues"...
    Have you any ringtone managers...Ringo, Lightwav??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    It just happened again - said it was KeyCaps...hmmm...

Yes, I do have lightwav...
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am having the same issues, and did the error code, and found that it was Ringo, have they fixed this issue yet?
    I am sorry to say but I think much of this is due to earlier releases of VolumeCare! I had a bug in this code that caused some of these unwanted resets.

The good news is that I have found and fixed this problem!!!

Here is a link to the new version of VolumeCare that will officially be released on Wends of this week: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=28

This is a MUST upgrade for users having SMS reset problems.

Again, I am very sorry to have let a bug like this slip into a production release of VolumeCare!

Jeff
    Jeff,
    has this bug been in all the beta versions of 5?

I have been getting resets that erase all prefs, it has been harrasing me for the past few weeks, I have spent countless hours doing hard resets and reinstalls all to no avail.

I am testing this new release now.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Jeff,
    has this bug been in all the beta versions of 5?

I have been getting resets that erase all prefs, it has been harrasing me for the past few weeks, I have spent countless hours doing hard resets and reinstalls all to no avail.

I am testing this new release now.
    Absolutely not. There have been *no* - absolutely - no resets reported in version 5.00. I feel so good about the stability of this release I will be formally releasing it on Wends of this week.

In fact, beta 3, has code in it that does not even enable SMS processing unless you first send out a license key request via SMS Registration.

Jeff