Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thanks.
    Why not just do it yourself??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    No but you can. I found the following with a simple "search" on the word...Poll. Go Figure.

You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls' and this is how to create them:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:
    What is your favorite color?
    1. Red
    2. Blue
    3. Yellow
    4. Green
    5. Sky-blue pink with yellow spots
    To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

Voting in and viewing a poll

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the [Vote!] button. You may view the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Hey Live! Love the puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey Live! Love the puppy.
    Thats Bob. He's a schnauzer[sic] Husky mix. A loveable mutt. But the strange part is, we never had to housebreak the dog. We brought him home right off the faucet so to speak. But not one accident in the house. Ever! Had a lot of dogs over the years, but never saw that before. Thanks.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Live,
    Sounds a lot like my dog Tippy. She is a boarder collie and healer mix. Brought her right home from the pound, never had an owner, never had to potty train her. First time she had to go she ran to the door scratched and whined, I opened it and she went out and did her thing. Now, if I could just get her to teach our new puppy who is a Weiner Dog, that pup won't house break for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFalken
    She is a boarder collie and healer mix.
    Also smart dogs. Bobs the size of a schnauzer, with the same long hair, and the brains to match, but he's got the coloring and attitude of a husky. He really has been a cool pal.

Thread Crapper

BEWARE OF DOG discussions on TC
    Mods: Can you please post a survey thread asking which poochies do people like best?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Mods: Can you please post a survey thread asking which poochies do people like best?
    No, but you can. I found the following with a simple "search" on the word Poll! BWaaaahhhhaaaahttp://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif

You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls' and this is how to create them:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:
    What is your favorite color?
    1. Red
    2. Blue
    3. Yellow
    4. Green
    5. Sky-blue pink with yellow spots
    To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

Voting in and viewing a poll

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the [Vote!] button. You may view the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

Thread Crapper

11.    #11  
    Well, this much is clear.

This is no longer a forum in which questions get answered directly.

3 threads, 3 tries... I'm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson

This was your original question:
    Mods: Can you please post a survey thread asking which 650 firmware people like best?
    Man o man! Which part of my posts did you NOT see??? These instructions come straight from the board itself. I didn't write it! The Mods are most likely not going to do for you what you can easily do yourself!
    I don't get what it is you don't get? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif

Sure we side-tracked, that often happens, but I gave you the instructions in my first reply!

One of us has no clue!
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/10/2005 at 11:41 AM.

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Man o man! Which part of my posts did you NOT see??? These instructions come straight from the board itself. I didn't write it! The Mods are most likely not going to do for you what you can easily do yourself!
    I don't get what it is don't get? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif

One of us has no clue!
    Nice job, Pal. Another one you've chased away!!!

Anyways, to the OP, as I said in my original reply, why not do it yourself?

The Sound Man even posted the instructions for you. On your web browser. click File>Print so you have these instructions at the ready. Then, make a sample poll in the Test forum, to see if you get it.

The Mods have been pretty busy now with the reorganizing going on...I don't think they need to have you sitting on their lap while they make a poll for you.

Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Nice job, Pal. Another one you've chased away!!!
    I didn't chase him. He was led away by a seeing eye dog! http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/cool.gif

Thread Crapper

Can somebody please come wipe my for me?

I just can't believe this forum has turned into a place where nobody will come and wipe my .

What is WRONG with you people???
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I don't get what it is you don't get? http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/confused.gif

Sure we side-tracked, that often happens, but I gave you the instructions in my first reply!

One of us has no clue!
    Your pup has more of a clue than some people.
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Your pup has more of a clue than some people.
    Quite Right. More than even me on a good day!http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

Thread Crapper

Teach a man to fish...
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Teach a man to fish...
    ...and he'll keep asking to borrow your fishing pole!

If only the original proverb were true...
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    ...and he'll keep asking to borrow your fishing pole!

If only the original proverb were true...
    yeah, but if he's that dumb to begin with, give him a rock, and tell him it's a pole. At least he ain't eatin' yer fish!

Thread Crapper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast