1. tho
    I updated the firmware, and now when the HotSync comes up, it won't let me choose the username and just quits. I can't resync my phone with the old data.
  2. tho
    Updated:

So I click HotSync and here is what I get:

On the Treo it says "Identifying User" (which at this point is blank because I just did a hard reset)

On the PC, the "HotSync Progress" dialog comes up. At this point I *should* be asked to pick a username to sync to (there is only one to choose from), but I am not. The window sits there for a tick, then goes away. No errors.

The Treo then spins a while and then tells me the connection was lost.

This worked perfectly before the update, so I dont' know what changed. I need that data back on my phone, so I'm at a loss at this point. Hoping someone has some wisdom.
    Try another hard reset, just in case. Also, verify (from Phone->Info) that the update completed successfully.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4. tho
    Software version is 1.15-CNG. My firmware field is blank, but it was blank before. I have all the new features, and the phone works. What happened was this:

I did the update. I forgot to choose my OLD name to restore my settings. The installer instructions from palm's site tell me that I can fix this by going back, doing another hard reset and then choosing to sync. I did this, and that's when HotSync got all confused and won't launch. The phone and computer obviously make a connection because HotSync launches, it just won't *do* anything. I am now at a complete and total loss.

Also, I try that GetNow or whatever the new program does and all it does is bring up Blazer in a blank window. Nothing happens.