Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    is there any other software except BUTLER to launch favorites from/within any application?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    No response means there isn't any other application to launch favorite from anywhere???
    I'm not aware of any. I got Butler primarily for quick launch, after not finding anything else.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    You can try Hi-Launcher. It is a pop-up Windows-like app that gives you the ability to select your favorite app within any program.

http://www.hilauncher.com/
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply guys.
    I too like butler only for that reason but whenever I install it my LED always gets mess up. Must be conflicting with some other sw. I have even treid turning off LEDOff which I use primarily to control my LED but it still persists.SO I removed it.

I have also treid hilauncher but it's not exactly same as what I like. I just love that quick launch option so want something that exactly has the option like that of Butler.

C'mon developers, you can do it I am sure it must be very simple as you already have the excat application just need to extract a part of it...
    What version of butler are you using??? Better try the new version just to make sure. Then thy setting butler LED behavior to "leave as is" and also voice mail LED "to leave as is" Butler was designed to have the last priority when it comes to LED settingsl. Can you elaborate on how your "LED always gets mess up"?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I don't have it installed right now but I guess my butler's version is 3.13. As I said I use ledoff primarily to control my led. I have turned off all led's except for battery. But when I installed butler with all this settings my led got turned on randomly. Also when I get a buddy requesting to chat my led gets turned on than I had to start butler & reset it to revert back to my settings. That's why I am never impressed with butler. But I really like the quick launch feature...
    I have a similar issue although its not a big deal to me. With LEDoff I can make the LED stay off EXECPT when i actually enter the Butler program, then the LED will often come back on. One or two other programs do this as well. It is actually worse since the most recent (sprint) firmware update. With the most recent firmware update I also noticed that plugging the 650 into a charger overrides my LEDoff setting and I have to turn everything off again.

However, the problem with butler for me is ONLY if i actually go into that app. once I have my hotkey (and other) settings (including leave LED alone), exit Bulter, activate LED off, then Butler leaves my LED alone. I can use the hotkeys and there is no LED interference.

FWIW, I bought Bulter BECAUSE of its hotkey feature and that is all I really use it for. That part of the app, however, is worth every bit of the cost of the program and well worth it. Can't imagine using my 650 without it.