1.    #1  
    My favorite IM client, by far, was always Chatter. But Marc has turned his focus to email, and now I'm in need of a new Jabber client. I've been using Chatopus for a couple of weeks, and have had some trouble with it. The author is very responsive, but I wanted to turn to the TC community for some advice with regard to Chatopus.

I've had some trouble with Chatopus draining the battery and resetting the Treo.

- What Keep-alive setting do you use with Chatopus? Have you found that one setting affects batterylife more or less than another?

- Have you had any trouble with Chatopus resetting the Treo? In my case, when I set the Keep-Alive time to 3min, I tend to get a reset 3 minutes after the Treo goes to sleep.

- Have you found the Chatopus plays well with outher background running applications like Chatter, VersaMail, SnapperMail, etc.?
    I also needed a Jabber client at one time and used Chatopus. Straightforward and easy to use. I liked it. No experience of causing resets on my Treo600. But it killed my battery also. Couldn't find a setting to fit my needs that noticeably improved battery life. Changed employers and no longer needed a jabber client so I had two reasons to dump Chatopus so I did in favor of Verichat.

Have you considered a different IM app supporting Jabber? I understand Causerie is a good solution.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  3.    #3  
    I'm currently a VeriChat user, but I'd prefer to use something else. I have had nothing but resets from VeriChat since version 2.0. Pre-2.0 was quite stable, but I'm fed up with resets. Actually, this is my biggest problem with all Treo IM apps. None of them handle a reset upon receipt of a message gracefully. If receiving a message causes a reset (which will inevitably happen), the message is lost. Only Chatter ever handled this well and used store and forward. I value stability in an IM client above anything else.
    I've had similar problems, but I just noticed that there is a new version of Chatopus available and I am hoping it corrects some of the reset issues. By the way, I use the 3 min Keep-Alive setting and I find that more calls get through (since I have Sprint, the constant data connection was sending my incoming calls to voicemail).

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad

I've had some trouble with Chatopus draining the battery and resetting the Treo.

- What Keep-alive setting do you use with Chatopus? Have you found that one setting affects batterylife more or less than another?

- Have you had any trouble with Chatopus resetting the Treo? In my case, when I set the Keep-Alive time to 3min, I tend to get a reset 3 minutes after the Treo goes to sleep.

- Have you found the Chatopus plays well with outher background running applications like Chatter, VersaMail, SnapperMail, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by E.Fuzz
    I've had similar problems, but I just noticed that there is a new version of Chatopus available and I am hoping it corrects some of the reset issues. By the way, I use the 3 min Keep-Alive setting and I find that more calls get through (since I have Sprint, the constant data connection was sending my incoming calls to voicemail).
    New version number and link?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    New version number and link?
    1.9 Released Oct 9, 2005 Chatopus Download Link