1.    #1  
    Folks, I can use some help. Do you know where the search option is to search memo by content? For example, listing all memos with the word "treo".
    Option key (blue one), magnifying glass key (below the z and x keys), then type in the word you are searching for.
    If you press the Option button (button under the letter A) then press the left shift button (with the arrow & magnifying glass) you can search for text this way. It searches throught the applications like calander and memos and then lists the search results by application.

-jeff

....Perry, you beat me to it
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Note stock standard Palm Search will only find entries at the beginning of the word. It will not find entries which 'Contain' the text your looking for. Do yourself a favour & load FindHack. Very robust & mature - does slow down the machine. stores the last 10 searchs & you can jump back to the previous list of hits. I've been using it since the Vx days!
    I suggest goimg upmarket and getting IntelligentFind www.intelligentfind.com. This is like Google for your Treos datafiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    ... FindHack. Very robust & mature - does slow down the machine...
    What?? Is this true about the slowdown? I've had FindHack installed since my m515 days and I've never noticed a problem...?!
  7. jgk
    Quote Originally Posted by mwomwom
    I suggest goimg upmarket and getting IntelligentFind www.intelligentfind.com. This is like Google for your Treos datafiles.
    Will this search through the calendar and include the date of the appointment in the results, which is what my T600 used to do but which the T650 doesn't do anymore?

This is is as annoying as hell when I have the multiple similar appointments over 5 years and wantto find a specific one - when I use the built-in search I get a long list of results but all I get displayed for each result is just the search string I entered - not the date of that appointment or anything else useful that will let me go to the one I'm after.
    Sorry fast typing - left out the word "Not" FindHack does NOT slow the treo down. In case I missed typed again & didn't look up from my fingures on my keyboard again. FindHack does NOT slow anything down....sorry about that.

I never used to be concerned about speed until I tried VolKeys + KeyCaps on the Treo (the original versions) which slow the Docs To Go colour wheel test to a grinding halt. Now only keep good programming hacks on the Treo.

Intelligent Find seems like overkill for a PDA - virtually have to type in an essay to find anything? In my the only thing regularly search is my daily log (journal). In business I can recall conversations I've had 2 years ago, by punching one or two words separated by wildcard in FindHack & 3 seconds late I'm back on that day. I use keywords to store daily note such as the project name; person name; etc. Findhack can start a search by hitting enter (stylus free!).
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    Note stock standard Palm Search will only find entries at the beginning of the word. It will not find entries which 'Contain' the text your looking for. Do yourself a favour & load FindHack. Very robust & mature - does slow down the machine. stores the last 10 searchs & you can jump back to the previous list of hits. I've been using it since the Vx days!
    I tried it before responding. . . .and the Palm search DID find a word in the middle of one of my memos. . . .and an email, but not within a DTG Sheet to Go file. . . . .

Cheers, Perry
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys! I got it. You guys are great help.

I thought I stumbled into that before, but I couldn't find it again. I was beginning to wonder was I having one too many drinks when I was at the bar.

(I look for bars all the time since I switched to Cingular. I never seem to find any. But when I do, I load up. Wait a minute, a bar just magically appeared!!! This is a rare opportunity for me to check my voice mail again. I'll be back...)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgk
    Will this search through the calendar and include the date of the appointment in the results, which is what my T600 used to do but which the T650 doesn't do anymore?

This is is as annoying as hell when I have the multiple similar appointments over 5 years and wantto find a specific one - when I use the built-in search I get a long list of results but all I get displayed for each result is just the search string I entered - not the date of that appointment or anything else useful that will let me go to the one I'm after.

You have have already discovered this, but yes, IntelligentFInd does show the date of the datebook entry.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone