Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to stop SMS notification.
    I do not want to be notified neither by noise or on screens.
    Is there anyway for this to be done?
    Pretty much at night when I am sleeping and someone sends me a text message I do not want my phone to light up or make any noise, I want it so the only way I know that I have messages is to go into the messages.
    Use the Menu button in Messaging...

you'll figure it out.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    I went into menu but I do not see anything for stoping the notification display. I found the noise notification in the menu but not the disply.
    Don't tell me...Verizon?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    No, Sprint
    From Menu

Options>Preferences>Messages

check Privacy Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    From Menu

Options>Preferences>Messages

check Privacy Mode
    OK, Who are you, and what did you do with Insertion?

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

If it is like Verizon, you can only silence the alerts in Preferences/Sounds and Alerts.
  9.    #9  
    I was able to stop the notification screen from coming on and took off the sound but now I need to make it stop from giving me the little text message mail box.
    Basically I dont want any type of notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    OK, Who are you, and what did you do with Insertion?

lol.. hmm.....Insertion is going ......err....soft? Wonder if he's smitten....

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    lol.. hmm.....Insertion is going ......err....soft? Wonder if he's smitten....

Bek
    Watch it, woman!

12.    #12  
    any help?????
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    I was able to stop the notification screen from coming on and took off the sound but now I need to make it stop from giving me the little text message mail box.

hmmmmm........ sounds like someone has a girl on the side.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $can$'$t$ $be$ $done$. $At$ $least$ $not$ $internally$. $Maybe$ $a$ $third$ $party$ $program$, $but$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $of$ $any$. $Sorry$.

15.    #15  
    SH*T I need this... BAD
    Why don't you just turn your radio off at night, is there a particlar reason you leave it on?
  17.    #17  
    Well I leave it on because of my parents. Incase of emergency.
    I just dont want the wife to know what I am getting
  18.    #18  
    Does anyone know if there is any software for this?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    No software, but if you drop the girlfriend/boyfriend you can stop the night time SMS from bothering your Wife.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    No software, but if you drop the girlfriend/boyfriend you can stop the night time SMS from bothering your Wife.
    Yes, just tell this person to stop messaging you at night! Problem solved...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast