1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    This is a wired issue I have here and was wondering if any of you have experienced it.

To date, I have been using the sync and charger cable that came with the Treo 650 for daily charging. Basically every time I sit at my desk at work, I plug the Treo in to charge and sync… sometimes for only 10 mins, sometimes for hours. It’s always worked with no problems.

I couple weeks ago I got the Sedio charger/sync mini cable. I use that on weekends with a wall-plug-to-USB and car-plug-to-USB to keep the charge over weekends and also to sync when at home or on the road. Again, this works as normal.

About two weeks ago, I went on a 10 day trip where I exclusively used the mini-sync cable for charging either with the wall-plug or car-plug. Again, no problems.

Now that I have returned to the office, I plug my Treo in and it starts to synch automatically! I try to carefully plug it in and its fine… but any movement, it starts to sych! At one point I look at my Treo and it shows a boot loader screen with color bands going across… nothing but a hard reset got me out of it. I then tried to flash the 1.12 ROM again (to make sure all is clean) and I kept getting errors… that’s when I thought it might be the cable and I used the mini-cable instead and it worked like a charm.

So here are the questions:
    -Can the original cable just go wrong sitting there for a couple of weeks of non-use? Perhaps just a coincidence?
    -Could use of the Sedio cable have alterned the connecting points somehow to cause the original cable to not connect properly?
    -Why would I end up at the bootloader with a bad cable?
    -Is the original cable under warranty? Will Sprint replace it?
    -Am I losing my mind?

Thanks!
    Bootloader issues can be caused by corrupted temporary windows files. Delete ALL of your temporary files - including those in your "local settings" folder, re-boot your PC and try a hotsync. I hope this helps
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzo
    Bootloader issues can be caused by corrupted temporary windows files. Delete ALL of your temporary files - including those in your "local settings" folder, re-boot your PC and try a hotsync. I hope this helps
    Wow... temp files on the PC can cause this on the Treo??? I'll delete all the temps I can find but you would think these things would be accounted for by the OS!

Thanks.
    I just upgraded to a 650 and while tring to do the first hotsync i ran in to a problem. It seems that the cable that was include was bad. I was able to use bluetooth and do the sync and also bought a sync and charge cable for travel, it work like a champ. I was never able to get the origanal to work. I headed back to sprint for a replacement.