1.    #1  
    This has happened to me twice now. All of my read (just read) messages get deleted from my inbox - even the ones that are locked!

And, worse yet, I can't find all of the messages in the trach folder once that happens.

Anyone else have this happen? Actually, one time I looked at the screen and all of the unread messages were grayed and ready to be deleted from the server. Before I could stop it - it deleted them all. This last time, I looked in my inbox and only my unread messages were there. Some went to the trash folder, others are just nowhere to be found.

????
    That's pretty disturbing. What's particularly incomprehensible is that Chatter has NO mechanism for greying out messages except via user input.

I'm also not sure I understand the trash comment; do you have it specified that deleted items are moved to a trash folder? If so, that's doubly bizarre, because Chatter can't delete messages from the server until they are first moved and the move has been confirmed.

The fact that this has never been reported before makes this triply bewildering. I'd suggest, perhaps, keeping logging on and sending a log if you ever see this again.

Marc
    Never had anything like this happen. Are you using ChatterEmail with an IMAP account or a POP3 account?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4.    #4  
    Using IMAP account
  5.    #5  
    MARC:

How do I turn logging on and how do I send a log?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    If so, that's doubly bizarre, because Chatter can't delete messages from the server until they are first moved and the move has been confirmed.
    I do have deleted messages go to the Trash folder on the server. How would Chatter permanently delete (i.e. empty) items from the Trash folder on the server anyway?
    You'd have to do that from a PC.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante
    This has happened to me twice now. All of my read (just read) messages get deleted from my inbox - even the ones that are locked!

And, worse yet, I can't find all of the messages in the trach folder once that happens.

Anyone else have this happen? Actually, one time I looked at the screen and all of the unread messages were grayed and ready to be deleted from the server. Before I could stop it - it deleted them all. This last time, I looked in my inbox and only my unread messages were there. Some went to the trash folder, others are just nowhere to be found.

????
    Is this in an AOL account? I have an old AOL account that I use for two mailing lists and that is it. I locked a message once and when it went out of AOL's range for keeping the message in "old mail" (or whatever they call it) it was removed from my Treo. I didn't think much of it because it wasn't anything important, but maybe this is similar behavior for you? Just a thought Marc, maybe something with AOL's kludgy IMAP implementation?

Good Luck,
    Rory
  9.    #9  
    No, not AOL - fastmail.

Twice I 'think' I noticed that this Chatter behavior coincided with an alarm in BugMe...anyone else have BugMe installed and using it's alarms?

????
    YEP!! I thought I was LOSING MY MIND, but it's happening to me too OFTEN.... I've lost entire inboxes worth of mail. It's not happening in my IMAP account, just my POP accounts. (*so far*)

Bek
  11.    #11  
    BEKKTEK:

After it happens, are you able to find the deleted messages in your Trash folder?
    Also, do you have BugMe installed?

Thanks.
    BEKKTEK:

After it happens, are you able to find the deleted messages in your Trash folder?
    Also, do you have BugMe installed?

Thanks.
    Hmm. I haven't even looked for the messages in my Trash folder, I do know that the messages that end up gone are those that I've read and said "ok" to, not deleted - and yes, I do have BugMe installed but I don't use the alarms......

Bek
    ps...... this was a POP account that I was referring to, so where's the trash folder?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    ... I do know that the messages that end up gone are those that I've read and said "ok" to, not deleted... this was a POP account...
    I have been using Chatter on trial for the past 2 weeks and am loving it. However, I have also experienced this problem, on more than one occassion, exactly as described by Bekktek. This will be the deal breaker for me as one of my accounts is for business and I can't afford to lose mail inadvertently. Marc, can you please investigate because I really like Chatter?

Note that I am using 3 POP accounts but will be switching 1 to IMAP shortly.

Thanx
    eKeith, bekktek: Chatter tries to sync POP3 mailboxes; if messages are deleted on the server, they will be deleted in Chatter, UNLESS you check "Keep Old Messages" in the "Deliver" options of "Edit Mailbox".

Marc
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    eKeith, bekktek: Chatter tries to sync POP3 mailboxes; if messages are deleted on the server, they will be deleted in Chatter, UNLESS you check "Keep Old Messages" in the "Deliver" options of "Edit Mailbox".

Marc
    Marc, thanks for your speedy reply.

I have used the "Keep Old Messages" option and it works as you have described. I do not use it anymore. However, this problem of "Self-deleting Emails" occured before I even got to a PC to delete the messages from the server. Actually, I typically check my emails on my 650 first and only save those I wish to download to my PC. After downloading to my PC, I then delete from my 650.

Note, however, that so far I have only noticed this problem with my Gmail account. I suspect that it may be that my Gmail auto-labelling may be a factor.

Also, my emails do not get deleted from my Gmail web-account (when I delete them from my Chattermail account intentionally or not). But this also occurs with other client software (Versamail) so I believe that issue is a peculiarity of Gmail POP and its "Conversation View".

Im using b33 on an Unlocked GSM (uGSM) with Firmware 1.31 (unofficially) and software 1.13-ROW.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Marc,

It happened again today, but only with my Gmail account (POP access).
    This never happened to me since I used Versamail since February so I believe it has to be due to the interaction between CE and Gmail.

This is the scenario:
    CE received an email for my Gmail account.
    I opened it. It was blank (presumably because it contained graphics) and I noticed that it was only partially loaded from viewing the header.
    I used the drop-down to select "Load More".
    I did not select "Delete".
    I Qsynced and it was deleted from CE.
    It was available at my Gmail web account. (As mentioned in my previous post, messages are never deleted from my Gmail account whether I delete them intentionally or not from CE or Versamail. I think that must be a peculiarity of Gmail's POP setup).

I am confident that the problem does not occur with my other POP accounts, only with Gmail.

I am using b34.

I hope this helps you troubleshoot.

Regards,
    Keith
    It sounds like a Gmail setting issue or just a Gmail bug (Gmail is a VERY, VERY peculiar system - it does NOT work like most POP servers). Most likely, POP'ing the message the first time made it unavailable to POP again (for reading more).

Marc
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Marc,

Thanks for your reply.
    I guess I will try the Gmail->Fastmail setup...

Keith