1.    #1  
    On my very short, extremely limited, must buy list.

RNS:: TreoAreaCodes
    -------------------

Version 1.1:
    - Call Waiting support (did not display graphic for second caller).
    - Company/operator logo support.
    - Bugfix - custom caller picture was obscured on Treo 650.
    - Significant speed enhancement in the "Find Code by Area" feature.
    - Minor enhancements and bugfixes...

Version 1.0:
    - First release.

---------------------
    www.ranosoft.net/treo
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    did you get an email for the update?
    Can't wait to try it.
    I really like the idea of this app and registered early on. The thing I don't like is that the state files need to be in main memory. If you load a bunch of state, the app footprint gets really big.
    Well I'm not happy.

I downloaded the trial of version 1.1 from the Ranosoft web site. When I installed it it told me my trial had expired. I guess it still saw something from when I tried out version 1.0 weeks ago.

So out of good faith I went ahead and purchased 1.1 from Palm Gear since it says the bug with the picture caller ID being obscured has been fixed. However, when I installed the full version I got from my Palm Gear purchase it's still version 1.0

Guess I have to go e-mail Rano.
    Still nothing from Rano.
    Any updates on user experiences here?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Everything here is working. It looks like if you have a contact with a picture id, then it will not display the map on the incoming call. Makes sense because if you have a picture for them, you probably know where they are from.
    Works as described for me.

Incoming calls show state name and map. Outgoing calls show it too (which is a feature I wasn't aware of and very cool!)

If you have a picture assigned to a contact and the contact calls the Area Code app doesn't function, which is how it's suposed to be.