Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Is there a TV listings type application for treo 650 whre you can configure your zip code and it will scrape zap2it or whatever server and produce a listing of what is on at the current time?

    Could be really useful and way better than trying to do it thru the web...
  2. #2  
    Check out www.guideremote.com.
  3. #3  
    Try Pocket TV Browser (http://www.doublebit.com/home/index.php) and the XMTL service from Zap2It. A little bit of a pain to set up on the PC side, but once it's working you'll really like it. You can download 2 weeks of listings and run the whole thing from your SD card.
  4. #4  
    Good thread, but wrong forum.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    Good point, but useless reply.
  6. #6  
    No, it is not useless, IMHO. If people post in the correct forums, this website will be much more useful. Is it that difficult to find the correct forum?

    Hey, I don't mean to be ugly. Just trying to be helpful. Like I said, good thread. You just posted it in the wrong forum. Try to do better next time.

    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  7. #7  
    Check out http://wireless.tvguide.com. Once you have your zip code established, everytime you log on to the website, it would load up the proper listing.
  8. wocius's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Try Pocket TV Browser (http://www.doublebit.com/home/index.php) and the XMTL service from Zap2It. ... You can download 2 weeks of listings and run the whole thing from your SD card.
    How do you run it from the SD card? Doublebit's FAQ states, "Note: unlike the Pocket PC version, external storage cards are not supported in the Palm version."

    It would be great if you could run it off the SD card, as the two-week listing takes ~650KB in my Treo 650's RAM.

    Wo
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wocius
    How do you run it from the SD card? Doublebit's FAQ states, "Note: unlike the Pocket PC version, external storage cards are not supported in the Palm version."

    It would be great if you could run it off the SD card, as the two-week listing takes ~650KB in my Treo 650's RAM.

    Wo
    I use PowerRun to move the app to the card. When I download databases, I do so to a file on my computer (Other tab in Pocket TV Manager Settings). I then sync that file to my card. Using FileZ I move the synced database from the Palm/Launcher folder to Palm/programs/PowerRun/TVBrowser. Sounds like a lot of work but it's not.
  10. wocius's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #10  
    I see. Thanks!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I use PowerRun to move the app to the card. When I download databases, I do so to a file on my computer (Other tab in Pocket TV Manager Settings). I then sync that file to my card. Using FileZ I move the synced database from the Palm/Launcher folder to Palm/programs/PowerRun/TVBrowser. Sounds like a lot of work but it's not.
    I've just been moving the synced database file to the same folder ZLauncher moved the browser to. It would be nice to have an automated move, but I'm not sure how...
    David
  12. #12  
    What's on is free and nice alternative to pocket TV browser...

    http://www.freewarepalm.com/hobbies/whatson.shtml
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Posting Permissions