Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM
    I have this problem all the time too. I wake up late, turn on my Treo to see why the hell it didn't go off, and as soon as I hit the power button it goes off. It even displays the time on the alarm screen as the time I set it for, not the time it currently is. It's not specific to one app, it's happened to me with at least two -- Butler and TreoAlarm. Hasn't happened in a while, but I have missed work because of it (yes I do use two alarm clocks).
    To PSM and anyone else that has experienced this,

Do you have Verichat installed? I started from scratch recently, and installed only a few apps including Chatter, DateBk5,DocsToGo, and PTunes. I ran find for a week no problems, installed Verichat, and started missing alarms again.

BTW, I've got a GSM Treo FW 1.28, SW 1.13-ROW.
    Danspalmone,
    Do you have System sounds turned off in Sounds Prefs? That also turns off "Old Alarm" sound which WorldClock uses or any other old Palm apps. It does not silence "Ring Tones" which calendar etc. uses.
  3. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    No, I have never used Verichat. My big apps that might interfere are ZLauncher, Agendus, and Snapper. Hacks are basically Butler, VolumeCare, and PowerUp. None of my online-capable apps are set to download anything automatically. TreoAlarm used to download weather each morning, but I disabled that thinking it might be the problem. I then deleted the app altogether out of frustration, but the problem continued with Butler. And I would never, ever trust Agendus to handle alarms, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I recently deleted a whole bunch of stuff trying to solve another problem, and my Treo has been better behaved since then. I don't think it's done it in about a week. There have been days the alarm didn't go off (or perhaps I turned it off in my sleep), but none of the alarm-going-off-as-soon-as-I-hit-the-power-button problems.
    I use Palmary Clock. It has never failed me, only me it - turning the ringer off & not putting it back on! I've slept thro' it as well, but it did go off I was told.
    PSM,

I recently upgarded to row 1.31 and tried my alarm and it worked as usual. No help but I deleted Avantgo and it slo-mo-resets "less" often.
  6. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ologged
    PSM,

I recently upgarded to row 1.31 and tried my alarm and it worked as usual. No help but I deleted Avantgo and it slo-mo-resets "less" often.
    I have Verizon so I have different ROM updates, but I run the latest FW and it doesn't help. Still haven't had one of those alarm issues in a while. I did get a spontaneous hard reset yesterday morning out of the blue while I was sleeping
    Thankfully I do frequent backups so I didn't lose anything, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence that it can not only reset, but hard reset without any provocation.

I think it's clear this NVFS thing was not such a good idea, and is anything but "NV". I've had six other Palm OS PDAs, and none of them ever had issues causing data loss under normal circumstances (i.e. not from running beta software, etc). I never forgot to charge my battery, and I never lost a byte of data. Now I have a PDA that will supposedly survive a dead battery, but deletes my saved prefs (and God knows what else) three or four times a day while doing nothing. The whole thing just seems very unstable, and I figure that must have something to do with its inability to keep track of alarms. Maybe some file is being purged from the cache that's supposed to wake it up. I'm not a programmer, though.
    This happened to me, too. It's only happened once, an it was just last week. What a lemon!
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Dude just download treo alarm www.treoalarm.com . The alarm functions are FREE. I've heard shakey things about the built in World Clock Alarm. Although I do use it to wake myself up and it seems to be reliable...
    JUICE! Thanks a million! This resolved my issue. What a great FREE app! Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I recently was sent an update to my MegaClock app. I woke up an hour and a half late this morning because the usually reliable alarm didn't go off!!! Then I found out why --- last night I went to a Broadway show and before the show I set the Treo ringer to silent.
    Not only have I not had the Alarm fail in World Clock, TreoAlarm, and Butler, I've had the alarm go off (in Butler) when I've awakened early and turned it off several minutes before the scheduled time.
    Mod Edit:

While I agree that Big_OTR_Fan's post served absolutely no purpose, lashing out at him does you no good either. Next time please simply report the post and we'll remove it ASAP.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 12/12/2005 at 10:18 AM.
    Sorry about that. I'll behave.
    I have had this happen on two different occasions. The alarm didn't go off until I unlocked the phone. Other than Snapper (which is not set to grab e-mail automatically) and Docs 2 Go, I have no other 3rd party software.

I don't trust the world clock any more. I usually set it and a calendar event. If it's a SUPER important meeting, I will also set the alarm clock in my hotel room as a 3rd backup. Although I really resent having to do that.
    Yeah. Neither works for me (Calendar or World Clock) as far as the audible alarm is concerned, but both show the visual alarm even if the phone isn't on.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaudio
    Yeah. Neither works for me (Calendar or World Clock) as far as the audible alarm is concerned, but both show the visual alarm even if the phone isn't on.
    mobileCLOCK, which was previously known as Bob's Alarm, has been mentioned by at least 8 people responding to the OP in this thread and all are saying it is dependable.

mobileCLOCK is the most reliable alarm I have found and I have tried most of them before landing on mobileCLOCK.

There is a Support and Development Group for mobileCLOCK called rMOBILE and the developer, Bob (as you might imagine), is probably one of the most responsive around. Bob will work with you through the Support and Development Group and he will resolve any problem you have with mobileCLOCK. He will not rest until your alarm is 100% reliable.

You will have to join (free) the rMOBILE Support and Development Group at the following link and download the most recent version:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rMOBILE/?yguid=49937412

Just read some of the over 4950 posts that he has in his Support and Development Group and you will understand his committment!

I suggest that doing this will lower your alarm clock frustration level and you will have the most reliable Treo alarm available.

BTW, my wife and one of my sons also have finely tuned Treos with 100% reliable alarms on them because of mobileCLOCK. I use mobileCLOCK in conjunction with mobileLAUNCH and would not operate without them.

Until I achieved this level of alarm dependability nirvanna by discovering mobileCLOCK, I always had an old fashioned wind-up Big Ben type alarm clock as a backup...

Cheers!
    Bob's Alarm has been great for me. FWIW I have version 3.6.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    Not only have I not had the Alarm fail in World Clock, TreoAlarm, and Butler, I've had the alarm go off (in Butler) when I've awakened early and turned it off several minutes before the scheduled time.
    Problem with World Clock is that you have to set it everyday or am I wrong?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    When needing a alarm, I always use the calendar, make a event named wake, and give it an alarm. Never had a problem.

No offence man, if you are having problems with the alarm, don't rely on it until you get the problem fixed. If you are late to work, it's nobody's fault but your own. If you car breaks down on you and leaves you stranded, you take it to get fixed. Not drive it around and wait till you get stranded again.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123