1.    #1  
    What is the best way to make a full, portable copy of all of my info in Outlook? By that I mean I can make the backup on one computer, and restore it on another computer and it has all of the memo data (whereas my Treo doesn't sync all data in long memo entries).

I'm changing jobs and don't want to lose any info in the process (I currently only sync my Treo to my work PC). I keep my personal contacts, calendar, etc. intermingled with my work info, so it's imperative to me not to lose anything.

I'm making a backup copy to a Sandisk thumbdrive using a program called Outback Plus 5, but I remember using an earlier version of Outback when I changed jobs five years ago and finding that I couldn't restore from it, so I don't have a lot of confidence it in this time around.

The Sandisk drive has a program called Cruzersync that is supposed to synchronize Outlook, but I get an error message when I try to run it, probably due to the firewall at work.

I'd like to be able to save my emails as well, but my main concern is the caldendar/contacts/memos.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have done this many times it is very simple process:

Go to File: Import and Export.

Then choose Export File and then Personal File Folder (.pst)

Then choose which folders you want to export. Choose the top folder that contains all your data (usually the Mailbox Folder or Name) This should hold your calendar, notes, folders, inbox, etc. Then export it!

Move the file to a disk and when you get to a new job or location just import the file.

I have had to change computers a few times and this has work flawlessly for me.
    Similar to what BenJoeM stated - all you really need are the .PST files; they contain all the data. The backup plug-in from Microsoft simply copies the .PST file to a second location.

Just search your drive for *.PST if you don't know where the files are, then copy them to CD/DVD/Flash.

Good luck.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! Will give that a try.