My Mundul IM locks up the Treo 600 in such a way that
    connections from Eudora Internet Suite's email fails to
    connect to the POP server.

I'm open to any combination of IM+MAIL that a) works
    together b) doesn't cost an arm and a leg. c) has
    no recurring cost other than the regular ISP connection
    for the mail and d) does not force me to connect to
    the server to get any message (i.e. always PUSHes
    and does not force me to initiate a PULL).

Thanks,

Stuart

P.S. My provider is Verizon Wireless.
    I had the same problem with verichat and anything else using the web, Verichat would occasionally just lock out everything from internet
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - by the paucity of replies, I guess few people have an approach that
    works, which surprises me. By works, I mean no lockups. My lockups are
    pretty predictable and almost all occur only when Mundul IM is loaded and
    backgrounded, which is what it has to be to be a useful all-the-time IM.
    I'll see if I can experiment with other Email/IM combinations than Qualcomm
    Eudora Internet Suite / Mundul IM.
    Chatter and CC Lite play pretty nicely together. Both are connected all the time in the background, so I get real time email and IM notifications. CC Lite is MSN only, though.

I had pretty good luck with Mundu and Chatter as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    Thanks - by the paucity of replies, I guess few people have an approach that
    works, which surprises me. By works, I mean no lockups. My lockups are
    pretty predictable and almost all occur only when Mundul IM is loaded and
    backgrounded, which is what it has to be to be a useful all-the-time IM.
    I'll see if I can experiment with other Email/IM combinations than Qualcomm
    Eudora Internet Suite / Mundul IM.
    It may be that the paucity of replies are due to the restrictions (I do think its good that you know what you want though) you mentioned for anyones possible solution. It also may be that people simply do not have the problems that you are having. For instance, I have never had any problem with Chatter e-mail and verichat playing well together but your "c" (has no recurring cost) pretty much rules out verichat.
    Mundu 3 isn't very usable right now.. They keep saying they're going to fix the plethora of bugs that's in the current release but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'd say hold off on using Mundu 3.
  7.    #7  
    I just don't see paying N dollars per year for a service that costs them NOTHING to provide. They just get you into their revolving billing department. Some software geek's road-to-riches. Sorry, not going there.

There's a lot less freeware for this platform than I'd expect. Lots of get-rich-quickers.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    I just don't see paying N dollars per year for a service that costs them NOTHING to provide. They just get you into their revolving billing department. Some software geek's road-to-riches. Sorry, not going there.

There's a lot less freeware for this platform than I'd expect. Lots of get-rich-quickers.
    Well... both Verichat and Causerie use dedicated servers to allow you to connect to a variety of servers through them. It costs them money both to operate the server(s) and to keep the software updated to connect to the services (AIM, yahoo, MSN change their protocols ever so slightly on a continuing basis.)

While I don't deny that they are making money on the deal - they should, they are commercial enterprises - I am not suprised or dismayed by the small cost. Compared to many other recurring costs in my life, the cost of verichat is small and the usefulness is high.

P.S. I've about given up on Causerie. Their forums have been down for weeks and their support for treos seems to have whithered.