1.    #1  
    Hi everybody,

since today morning I get very frustrating message saying "Not enough power to activate the phone" when I try to switch wireless mode on. Yesterday evening my Treo was fully OK, and I left it charging over night. Now I can not even reflash it with official ROW FW. PDA part and Bluetooth are fully OK. This problem was described in the posts before, and all I saw there was warranty replacement. Alas, it wouldn't fly for me as I'm in the other end of the world, and even to buy a Treo here is not a piece of cake. If you have any ideas - please let me know, I have nothing to lose :-(

Important note - the problem appeared in one day after I flashed FW 1.31, but I have no idea if these two things are connected.

Regards
    I think a third party software is keeping your internet connection on and giving you "battery turbo drain" after the firmware upgrade.

Try, what I call a clean scrub install, to eliminate what may be a corrupt setting in your backup folder -- that keeps coming back after a hard reset.

Rename your backup folder to "backupold"
    Programs /Palm / xxxuserid / backup ........to backupold
    (this gets rid of the thirdparty stuff being restored automatically to your Treo.)

Hard Reset
    HotSync to your userid
    (This should give you a Treo with your contacts, appointments, tasks and such, but no 3rd party software.)
    Hopefully the problem is now gone.
    Recharge your battery.

Now add 3rd party software back one at a time by doing an install from scratch --Not a copy from a backup.

This should, hopefully, get you up and running.

Cheers, Perry

If this doesn't work -- you may have to rerun the firmware upgrade and sync to a completely new userid. There is then a way you can copy your contact data, appointments and such from one user id to another -- using the Palm desktop. Then do the one at a time install of the 3rd party software. . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/08/2005 at 11:43 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Hi Perry,

thanx for your suggestions. Alas, phone part doesn't work even if I hard reset Treo to it virgin state, so it is not software :-(((
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorozhbyt
    Hi Perry,

thanx for your suggestions. Alas, phone part doesn't work even if I hard reset Treo to it virgin state, so it is not software :-(((
    Hard reset and rerun the 1.31 update. Maybe that did not run right and is causing the phone to not function. . . .

Another thought: Your phone has a sim, right? Is it loose? Maybe you need a new one?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hard reset and rerun the 1.31 update. Maybe that did not run right and is causing the phone to not function. . . .

Another thought: Your phone has a sim, right? Is it loose? Maybe you need a new one?
    Tried to do it as well, 1.31 just doesn't run, sticking to the initial screen with a big square button in the middle. SIM is OK for another phone, had to use it the whole day today, what a pain after Treo :-(((
    Sounds like you need a replacement.

Good Luck! Hopefully someone else can jump in here with a fix. . .

Cheers, Perry.
  7.    #7  
    Thanx for your effort :-))) As for the replacement - I'm too far from palm... Will hope for another fix.
    In the off chance you are still checking this post, did you ever have any luck getting this sorted out? I've had my Treo all of 1 day and I'm having the same problem. Have tried all manner of reset, downloading the new firm ware and even bought a new battery all with no result. Would love to hear if you found a solution or if you spoke to anyone else / called Palm Support and got an answer or if you had to get a replacement.

Thanks,
    m
    Hi Thumper8!

Does your Treo 650 have a sim card? Many problems have been associated with a loose sim card. Others have suggested cutting a portion of a business card to the size of the sim and putting it behind the sim to keep it in constant contact with the Treo.
  10.    #10  
    Hi,

finally it is resolved. Alas, it was done by a service center, where GSM module was replaced. So it looks like really a fault in hardware.

Many thanx to everybody for suggesstions and support.