1.    #1  
    A new beta test build of AeroTuner has been updated for the Treo 650. I'd also like to get some feedback from guitar players who have either a Treo 600 or a LifeDrive, for comparison of tuning accuracy and the such.

A description of a much older release of AeroTuner is here:
    http://www.aerodrome.us/aerotuner/index.html

If interested in providing feedback on the beta version,
    please email rhn AT hotpaw DOT com .

Thanks.
    feel free to contact me off-list.
    I'd enjoy checking out the tuner.

Greg
    I don't know if I'd keep it (have a tuner in my rack), but I'd play around with it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    feel free to contact me off-list.
    I'd enjoy checking out the tuner.

Greg
    Same Here.

This would be cool. I'd always have a tuner on me.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Has anyone here tried the old 0.9.3 or 0.9.4 version of AeroTuner on a Treo 600?

Thanks.
    I've been using version 0.9.3 for a little while now and it's a great program. I use it on a T3 and with a Fender Electric Precision Bass. It's great, to say the least. I'll try out the beta and post my results back here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpaw5
    A new beta test build of AeroTuner has been updated for the Treo 650. I'd also like to get some feedback from guitar players who have either a Treo 600 or a LifeDrive, for comparison of tuning accuracy and the such.

A description of a much older release of AeroTuner is here:
    http://www.aerodrome.us/aerotuner/index.html

If interested in providing feedback on the beta version,
    please email rhn AT hotpaw DOT com .

Thanks.
    I love the concept, layout, ease of use, features, and the idea of always having one on you.

However when tested with a CF Martin HD-28V accoustic, and an Ovation 6868 Elite Standard, it's performance has been marginal.
    My main complaint is slow response time. Of course I am biased.
    After 42 years of playing, I tune by ear very quickly. So I may be a little old and (in the way) impatient.
    It may work better with electrics, I haven't tried that yet. I feel the program would work much better if it didn't have to rely on the Treo 650 mic.

On a 1 to 10, I would give it a 7

Good for the beginner to intermediate.
    If it performed like say an inexpensive Sabine Chromatic, ....a little tweeking could get that to a 9 easy.

My opinion based on performance only. Not price or value. I did not even look at the software cost.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/11/2005 at 09:27 AM.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I just downloaded and ran it this morning.

It does what it is supposed to do. I like the various presets you can load, Standard, Drop D, etc. Looks like you can even enter your own tunings, but I haven't played with that yet.

Unlike the Acoustic Sound Man, I ran my Jackson. Without being plugged in, it was still able to pick up a tone. (Sitting down and having the Treo on my right leg.)

Through the amp it had no problems picking up sound.

It was a bit slow, like Sound Man said, but it was accurate. Matched up with both my rack mounted tuner, and the one on my Boss GT3.

On a scale of 1 to 5, I give it a:
    1/2.

My only knock is the $19.95 price listed on Palmgear. Too steep for me. If I didn't have tuners already (hell, I even have pitch pipes!) it might be worth it.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the excellent feedback. The information about the
    specific type of guitar use is very useful. A few more questions:
    Did you test Aerotuner with a Treo 600, 650 or ? GSM, Sprint or ?
    Also, with respect to the slow tuning response, versions before 0.9.5
    responded very slowly on Treo's. I think I messaged you with the
    location of version 0.9.7, which responds 4 times faster. Which
    version did you use for your tests?

Again, much thanks.

Again, much thanks.
    1. 650
    2. Sprint
    3. 0.9.3 (will check on 0.9.7)
    that could be my problem. Thanks
    Again, a very nice program.

Thread Crapper

I think I messaged you with the
    location of version 0.9.7, which responds 4 times faster.
    I'm a goober. I may have erased the link. Please re-send it. Thanks

Thread Crapper

Again, much thanks.
    Used on a Sprint 650. I went to the link you PM'ed me with which took me to aerotuner097.zip

I don't have the earlier version, so I can't compare speeds. But it's not terribly slow to respond. I figure my guitar is plugged directly into my other tuners, rather than relying on a mic, as with AeroTuner, so that may factor.

My only problem is, when I use the Menu\Options\About AeroTuner, I can't easily exit the screen. The only way I can exit it, is to hit Menu again, and go to Options\Preferences to exit. Can you add an "Okay" button to the About AeroTuner Screen?

Better then or on par with PerfectPitch? http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=1
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Better then or on par with PerfectPitch? http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=1
    I haven't tried perfect pitch.
    I don't think it has a strobe, which is what I really like about AeroTuner.

Thread Crapper

AeroTuner uses 4 different methods to determine the pitch frequency, not just the spectrum, which is subject to errors from noise and sampling boundries. The AeroTuner user interface also includes a professional-grade graphical 2-dimensional waterfall synchronous strobe tuner which is tunable to the fundamental string frequency or one of its higher overtones. Several alternate guitar tunings are built into the AeroTuner configuration menu, as well as per-string cents offsets for special intonations or custom matching to other instruments.
  16.    #16  
    Reports are that the new AeroTuner beta seems to work just fine on Treo 650 units. But I'm still looking for a Treo 600 user, preferably one with a pitch fork or other exact frequency reference, to beta test the new AeroTuner beta. I'm not yet sure whether there is a slight (0.5%) frequency difference between Treo 600's and Treo 650's. Please email me for location of the beta.

Thanks.

rhn AT hotpaw DOT com
    Running 0.9.7 on a 650, and the new version is MUCH faster in response time.
    When compared to the following on-line tuner, it locked into place everytime. Nice job.

http://www.8notes.com/guitar%5Ftuner...asp?sstring=e2

Thread Crapper

18.    #18  
    AeroTuner 1.0 is out for testing. Very accurate guitar strobe tuner. Slight tweaks so that it works even better on my Treo 650. Email rhn A.T hotpaw d.0.t C-o-m for the download link. Should work with registrations for the older version on the Aerodrome.us web site.
    can you pm me a link so I can test it plz?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    If it's not too late, I'd like to test this version as well...