Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The other thread was getting long, so I figured I'd start a new one.

The most notable change in this version is a change to how the buddy lists are communicated back to AOL. This change should fix the crashing/slowing down/other bad behavior for users with large buddy lists (> 100 buddies).

Another nifty thing (for those that just skip the changes): You can now page down through your buddy list by pressing the space bar. Just like some of your desktop apps.

Download the latest version of Toccer.

Changes
    - Added more descriptive error messages when connecting.
    - Added new password input control (more like other Palm apps).
    - Added ability to clear a chat log.
    - Tweaked positioning of buttons (slightly) to be more consistent throughout the app.
    - Rewrote how buddy list was communicated to the server. Should solve the problems users were experiencing with large buddy lists (much greater than 100 buddies).
    - Tweaked implementation of some buddy name handling functions.
    - Added page down support to Buddy List form. Use the space bar like many other applications (web browsers, countless UNIX tools).
    - Added link clicking and scrolling (only found in registered versions).
    Thanks for continuing the development. I installed it this morning. No problems so far.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Any ideas on what the cost will be once released?
    sorry to ask again - will this app keep a live connection all the time? Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Any ideas on what the cost will be once released?
    I'd rather not say, but I think it should be sufficiently cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    sorry to ask again - will this app keep a live connection all the time? Thanks!
    It stays online and runs in the background (and foreground), if that is what you're asking.
    so people will know I am online all the time? Does it provide notification (like pop-ups) to show you that buddies are online?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    can it be run form storage card?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Just installed - when it tries to connect, it crashes everytime - treo 650
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Mine is connecting o.k.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

same here.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
  11.    #11  
    so people will know I am online all the time? Does it provide notification (like pop-ups) to show you that buddies are online?
    People will see you as being online as long as you don't have it set to "Offline".

It does not (currently) provide notifications if your buddy comes on line. It does provide alerts for incoming IMs.

can it be run form storage card?
    I have not tested that, nor do I have any reports on it one way or the other. If I were to guess, I would guess that it would NOT be able to run from a storage card. I can't imagine it playing from a card and running in the background, but I'm open to surprises.

Are you running it from a card? Can you try from memory if you are?
    Do your buddies get downloaded or anything?
    Bug report: If I include an ampersand in my message, it truncates the message before the ampersand.

e.g., "How about me & you going to dinner." becomes "How about me"

Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    People will see you as being online as long as you don't have it set to "Offline".

It does not (currently) provide notifications if your buddy comes on line. It does provide alerts for incoming IMs.

I have not tested that, nor do I have any reports on it one way or the other. If I were to guess, I would guess that it would NOT be able to run from a storage card. I can't imagine it playing from a card and running in the background, but I'm open to surprises.

Are you running it from a card? Can you try from memory if you are?
    Do your buddies get downloaded or anything?
    no I am running it from main memory - I crashes before any buddies can be downloaded - it crashes at "connecting"
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Bug report: If I include an ampersand in my message, it truncates the message before the ampersand.

e.g., "How about me & you going to dinner." becomes "How about me"
    Took a look at it, and I can reproduce it successfully. Looks like it's partially an issue of not translating the & to an HTML entity and then not handling unrecognized entities properly (since & is the starting character of an entity).

I'll make sure this gets fixed in the next release.

Thanks, for the bug report.
  15.    #15  
    no I am running it from main memory - I crashes before any buddies can be downloaded - it crashes at "connecting"
    Could you walk me through the steps that you're taking before it crashes?

Thanks,

Tienshiao
    well yes, I open program, hit Online, boom crash
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Immediate reset here too. Running off the card. I use my .mac screen name to sign into AIM, if that matters.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    Immediate reset here too. Running off the card. I use my .mac screen name to sign into AIM, if that matters.
    Hrmm.. gives me a clue. I'm pretty sure .mac screen names won't work. So the most likely culprit is probably in the error handling. Thanks for you feedback.
  19.    #19  
    Bug report: If I include an ampersand in my message, it truncates the message before the ampersand
    The newly released version should fix both of these bugs. Previously mis-displayed IMs may still appear a little funky.

As always, you can download the latest version at:
    http://www.atomiccog.com/downloads/t...ent/Toccer.prc
    Working fine for me so far...the one thing I miss is the ability to rename buddies (there are many screen names in my buddy list I don't even know anymore! ).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast