Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Whenever I use punctuation in a message, I get additional characters behind the message. They kinda look like upside down Qs.
    Works quite well for most things (Just installed alpha 6). However I have noticed two issues:

1. I'm getting extra characters added to my messages. e.g. I enter "test" into the treo and click "Send". "test̉̉̉̉" gets output on the screen and on the recieving end of the message. If I instead press enter on the keypad, I don't get the extra characters (I have gotten extra characters this way but it seems to only happen with really long strings and is not easily reproducible).

2. I logged in as one user, then changed my user name to another. The resulting buddy list was the combined buddy list of both users. So it doesn't seem that the list is being reset automatically to match the current users list. Is this expected?

Thanks!
  3.    #23  
    Regarding the extra characters, it may be a bug that I introduced in this last revision. I'll be sure to take a look at it when I get a chance (I'm presently on vacation ).

Regarding the buddies with different logins, that is how it is designed to work presently (just import buddies). I'm considering supporting multiple buddy lists. I still need to figure that out.
    Thanks for the quick response! From one coder to another, enjoy your time off! A break does you good :-)
  5.    #25  
    From looking at the code (I have my laptop), I think I see the problem. Quite frankly I'm surprised the problems people are having aren't worse. And I'm just as surprised that I was not able to reproduce the problem before the release. And I've only seen it once now even though I see the bug in the code.

If others are experiencing worse problems when sending, I recommend users downgrade to Preview 5.

I won't be able to make a release until I return in a couple of days.
    A couple issues I found last night (swapped back to Preview 5 due to the text bug, so some of these may already be fixed).

I had my treo 650 lock up twice last night when using Toccer. The first time was on my way home. I had set the phone to Away, and turned off the display while driving home (still with Toccer as the active app). During my trip home, I lost Sprint signal (my parking garage blocks it), and when I finally got home to turn the phone back, my Treo was locked up and had to be soft rebooted.

The second lockup happened overnight as I had left my cell phone in away mode again (custom message), but had returned to the main palm menu. When I woke up the phone was behaving fine until I switched to Toccer. At this point the phone locked up, but it more seemed like Toccer was eating the CPU and hadn't fully locked up the display (things would happen 30-90 seconds after pressing a button.

At the present time, I now can't even get Toccer to connect. (getting "An Error occurred while connecting. Please try again. Error Code:1")

Additionally I found more interesting behavior when monitoring the state of my Toccer AIM account from my main desktop account. First, the custom error messages only seemed to change if I toggled online, and then back to away versus swapping between the different away messages directly.

Secondly, if I set the phone to away, after some period of time (~5 min), my desktop account would show my treo account swap back to online instead of being away. After another period of time, my phone would simply be logged out completely.

Let me know if there is any other information or debugging help that you need.
    I experienced the same symptoms as joragan (the garbled text, freezes and inability to connect/error 1 messages).

I have since downgraded to preview 5 and still cannot connect. Help!
  8.    #28  
    The freezing up is an ugly symptom of it not being able connect. It is in fact attempting to connect. Quite unfortunate, but it appears the AOL's TOC servers are having some issues.

AOL's QuickBuddy uses TOC as well, and it is also unable to connect.

http://toc.oscar.aol.com/ (might need to disable your pop up blocker)
    http://www.aim.com/other/quick_buddy.adp (make sure to choose the "older" QuickBuddy, and not Express).

I know AOL just came out with a newer 5.9 client last week, and they're close to releasing a new client ("Triton"). Hopefully these issues will be short lived.

Additionally I found more interesting behavior when monitoring the state of my Toccer AIM account from my main desktop account. First, the custom error messages only seemed to change if I toggled online, and then back to away versus swapping between the different away messages directly.
    I'll take a closer look at that.

Secondly, if I set the phone to away, after some period of time (~5 min), my desktop account would show my treo account swap back to online instead of being away. After another period of time, my phone would simply be logged out completely.
    What is likely to be happening is that you're being disconnected, and Toccer is not resetting the away message after reconnecting. Were you having this issue before the recent connection issues. I'm wondering if the TOC servers died a slow death, and users were able to connect initially and then booted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    What is likely to be happening is that you're being disconnected, and Toccer is not resetting the away message after reconnecting. Were you having this issue before the recent connection issues. I'm wondering if the TOC servers died a slow death, and users were able to connect initially and then booted.
    I believe this issue was happening before the servers started having issues, but I can't be sure until they come back and I can try again. I'll keep you posted with the test results as they happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    The freezing up is an ugly symptom of it not being able connect. It is in fact attempting to connect. Quite unfortunate, but it appears the AOL's TOC servers are having some issues.
    This is going to qualify as probably the dumbest technology-related question I've asked in some time, but does this explain why I'm continually unable to connect and keep getting the Error code:1 messages, despite having downgraded?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger34
    This is going to qualify as probably the dumbest technology-related question I've asked in some time, but does this explain why I'm continually unable to connect and keep getting the Error code:1 messages, despite having downgraded?

Thanks.
    Yes, the fact that the TOC servers are down is why no one can currently connect to AIM with Toccer.
    Thanks. Thought that was the case but had to ask anyway. (Feel like a moron though!)
    I downloaded the latest preview (9) and it won't let me enter any buddies. Do you know why? I can edit groups, and a8
    my post got cut off (posting from T600). To complete, I can edit groups and away messages, but not buddies!

Help!!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    my post got cut off (posting from T600). To complete, I can edit groups and away messages, but not buddies!

Help!!
    I removed the functionality temporarily, because it doesn't work well with the newer protocol. It will be re-enabled after I add some sort of profile management.

For now, you should use your desktop client to add and delete buddies.
    Thanks for the response ar-cain. That is exactly what I went and did, and they promptly showed up in my Toccer window. Hope you can re-enable this option to make it truly a mobile app.

Great little app by the way! I appreciate it's small size and simplicity.

Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12