Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I set the power auto-off to 3 minutes in Prefs. After finishing a call, I noticed my screen turning off after 30 seconds. It was 30 seconds even if I subsequently used the Treo in another application.

I next tried the program Alwayson. Sure enough, after every phone call, the setting changes from my selection of 3 minutes, to 30 seconds. I can then change the setting back to 3 minutes, and it will hold until the next phone call.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for a fix?

I have a Cingular 650 with 1.15/1.31. I don't recall having this problem before the update.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8
    I set the power auto-off to 3 minutes in Prefs. After finishing a call, I noticed my screen turning off after 30 seconds. It was 30 seconds even if I subsequently used the Treo in another application.

I next tried the program Alwayson. Sure enough, after every phone call, the setting changes from my selection of 3 minutes, to 30 seconds. I can then change the setting back to 3 minutes, and it will hold until the next phone call.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for a fix?

I have a Cingular 650 with 1.15/1.31. I don't recall having this problem before the update.

Thanks.
    This is a new "bug" introduced by the new Cingular update. I have included a fix for this behavior in ProfileCare. If you have ProfileCare manage the AutoOff time, then this bug will no longer happen.

Jeff
  3.    #4  
    Thanks Jeff, I'll give ProfileCare a try. Thanks Facci for the link, missed it when I searched before posting.
    Thanks Jeff, I'll give ProfileCare a try. Thanks Facci for the link, missed it when I searched before posting.
    be sure you use ver 2.21....it works GREAT!!
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Where do you get ver 2.21, i'm a registered user but only have 1.14?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Where do you get ver 2.21, i'm a registered user but only have 1.14?
    HERE

Make sure you get and install all 3 files.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Am I doing something wrong? i installed all three PC files and set up a baseline profile to extend the auto off ..yet my cing 650 continuously turns offin 30 seconds or less. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This is a new "bug" introduced by the new Cingular update. I have included a fix for this behavior in ProfileCare. If you have ProfileCare manage the AutoOff time, then this bug will no longer happen.

Jeff

Jeff - You are the best but I have to say that the auto off is overiding my ProfileCare selection of 461, it still manages to go dark at 30 seconds. ProfileCrae does do everything else I ask of it. Ans VolumeCare is the absolute best. Keep up the great work.....
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    I'm having the same problem with the 30 second auto-off.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by dapastaguy
    Jeff - You are the best but I have to say that the auto off is overiding my ProfileCare selection of 461, it still manages to go dark at 30 seconds. ProfileCrae does do everything else I ask of it. Ans VolumeCare is the absolute best. Keep up the great work.....
    There are 2 things the new ROM does:

1) It will auto dim the phone screen after 30 seconds during a call.
    ProfileCare will stop this behavior if you enable or disable PC's autodimming feature. If you leave PC's autodimming feature at '---' the phone applicaiton will continue to dim after 30 seconds.

2) The Treo will timeout after 30 seconds after every phone call.
    ProfileCare will stop this behavior if you have PC's autooff feature enabled.

You will need to have ProfileCare v2.23 or higher for these options to work!

Hope this helps.

Jeff

EDIT: I just found out that I have an error in this feature. I just worked with a client tonight over the phone and have this feature working well now. As a work around, you need to have both AutoDimming configured and Auto Off configured to stop the 30-second auto-off Cingular "feature". I will put out a new build of ProfileCare tomorrow that has this option fixed.

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 08/11/2005 at 11:34 PM.
    Hi all,

I have noticed a welcome lack of posts on slowdowns. Has that problem been fixed completely?

I'll jump-in after about a month of absence from PC discussions if the slowdowns are finally gone. (PC's fixing of the 30 sec bug in the new Cingular ROM is a big motivator for me..)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Hi all,

I have noticed a welcome lack of posts on slowdowns. Has that problem been fixed completely?

I'll jump-in after about a month of absence from PC discussions if the slowdowns are finally gone. (PC's fixing of the 30 sec bug in the new Cingular ROM is a big motivator for me..)
    Yes isn't that great! I also found that there is an apparent bug in the Palm phone subsystem that is the root cause of the slowdowns. I have coded around this problem but you may still see slowdowns since I can reproduce the slowdowns without ProfileCare even loaded on a Treo 650.

Jeff
    All,

I have fixed the 30 second problem introduced in the Cingular ROM update. It is in ProfileCare v3.00. I ahve worked with several people that have helped me debug and verify this fix since I do not own a Cingular 650. If you encounter any additional behaviors, please contact me and I will get them fixed ASAP.

Jeff

Download ProfileCare
    (YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ALL 3 PRC's AT THIS LINK)
    Jeff, The SC links don't seem to be working
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Jeff, The SC links don't seem to be working
    Thanks!

All fixed now.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Yes isn't that great! I also found that there is an apparent bug in the Palm phone subsystem that is the root cause of the slowdowns. I have coded around this problem but you may still see slowdowns since I can reproduce the slowdowns without ProfileCare even loaded on a Treo 650.

Jeff
    Are there any patterns of usage that causes slowdowns even without PC? I'd like to reproduce before installing PC v3.00. And it'll warn us not to do those things and cause slowdowns.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Are there any patterns of usage that causes slowdowns even without PC? I'd like to reproduce before installing PC v3.00. And it'll warn us not to do those things and cause slowdowns.
    The actual events are very random so I can not give you a checklist. There is also nothing specific in PC that causes ithe slowdowns. I have had next to no reports of slowdowns for weeks now.

Jeff
  18.    #19  
    Jeff,

Would you consider developing a less expensive small app that would fix the auto-off bug? ProfileCare sounds like a great app but I won't use it's other features. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Jeff,

Would you consider developing a less expensive small app that would fix the auto-off bug? ProfileCare sounds like a great app but I won't use it's other features. Thanks.
    I would love to see this too. ProfileCare is really more than I need, yet I too am annoyed by this Cingular thing.

Brett
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast