Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8
    Jeff,

Would you consider developing a less expensive small app that would fix the auto-off bug? ProfileCare sounds like a great app but I won't use it's other features. Thanks.
    Yes I can build a little specialty app that will do this for you. Give me a few days. I have a busy weekend lined up.

Jeff
    I have noticed similar behavior on my Sprint 650. The backlight would often go out much sooner than the 3 minutes I have set in Power Preferences. Is their a seperate bug in Sprint Treo's?
  3.    #23  
    Jeff,

Have you had a chance to get started on the small application you mentioned above? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8
    Jeff,

Have you had a chance to get started on the small application you mentioned above? Thanks.
    Almost done with it. Will release on Sunday.

Jeff
    Here it is. This utility will allow users of all Treo 650's to stop the dimming that happens when the phone is active.

For Cingular users, this utility will also keep the 1.15 ROM from resetting your AutoOff preference setting to 30 seconds after every call!

This program has a 7 day trial period and will cost a very minimal $5.00.

DOWNLOAD StopDim

Jeff
    Tried StopDIM and it seems to work perfectly. I use AOCOntrol DA to set auto off to values different than the standard 30s, 1m, 2m, 3m. It even preserves the non-standard off values. I occasionally set my auto off to 5min. Definitely fixes the annoyance of having to reset the auto off.

Great job, Jeff!

Where do I send the $5.00?
    Last edited by fireman54; 08/28/2005 at 05:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I just installed and tried Jeff's tool on my CingularB T650 with the CNB upgrade installed and it seems to have fixed the anoying bug that sets the auto off time to 30 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman54
    Tried StopDIM and it seems to work perfectly. I use AOCOntrol DA to set auto off to values different than the standard 30s, 1m, 2m, 3m. It even preserves the non-standard off values. I occasionally set my auto off to 5min. Definitely fixes the annoyance of having to reset the auto off.

Great job, Jeff!

Where do I send the $5.00?
    My website now has the purchase link posted.

http://GoTreoSoftware.com

Jeff
    Jeff (or other honored forum members),
    I purchased ProfileCare (3.04) over the weekend to fix the keyboard lights and 30sec auto off features. I installed and configured the settings (tried several actually to get right settings) and the treo still turns off at 30sec and the keyboard lights turn on whenever I hit the home button.

Treo 650
    Cingular 1.15 update
    Firmware 01.31

Any advice??
    Thanks - Chad
    Quote Originally Posted by cshedron
    Jeff (or other honored forum members),
    I purchased ProfileCare (3.04) over the weekend to fix the keyboard lights and 30sec auto off features. I installed and configured the settings (tried several actually to get right settings) and the treo still turns off at 30sec and the keyboard lights turn on whenever I hit the home button.

Treo 650
    Cingular 1.15 update
    Firmware 01.31

Any advice??
    Thanks - Chad
    Wow so formal. If I could only get my wife to talk to me that way.

The easiest thing to do to begin with is to delete all of your existing profiles. Then create one Timed profile called 'Master'. Make sure to de-select manual profile. Then select "Master Profile". Now anything you configure in this profile will beactive all the time unless you have another profile execute on top of this profile. So in here you can set the following (at a minimum) in the configuration screen for the 'Master' profile:

DISPLAY TAB
    1) AutoOff is a non-zero value
    2) Keyboard OFF
    3) AutoDimming (FULL Bright Yellow light bulb)

This set of configurations will stop the phone dimming, it will enforce the auto off time period and it will turn off KB lights.

Now you can create additional Timed profiles that can override these settings. So for example at night you may want to create a profile called 'Night' that sets the KeyBoard lights to AUTO. So then when you touch a key, the KB lights will come on and then go off again after a few seconds of inactivity. The inactivity and other KB behaviors is configured in the Global Options Screen.

I am more than happy to talk to you on the phone to go into more detail if you want. Just drop me an email at: GoTreo@wideopenwest.com with your phone number and I will give you a call.

Jeff
    Thank you very much - That configuration seems to be working. I thought I had tried those settings, but perhaps my combination was not right and I know I did not have it set as a master profile. Thanks - Great Product and Support (which is why I choose your program in the first place), Chad
    While i greatly appreciate you putting together this program to make my palm acctually work, I'm so annoyed that I have to spend any money to fix an obviously bad patch.

Come on palm, 1 guy figured this out in a couple days, why can't you offer a patch!?!?!?!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12