1.    #1  
    Are there any palm apps to rip dvdv's and install on Treo 650 using a mac

I have Mac the ripper and dvd2one and back up my kids dvd's without any problems.

jjn
    There's HandBrake (freeware) to rip the DVD: http://handbrake.m0k.org/
    TCPMP (also freeware) to watch the movie on your Treo: http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/download

Not sure if HandBrake is redundant to the DVD ripping software you are already using. I haven't tried HandBrake yet but it's said to be the Mac equivalent of Pocket-DVD for Palm (windows).
    or take the ripped DVD from Handbrake or Mac the ripper and use Quicktime Pro to export the mepg to 320 X 240 3g2 format. If you search in this forum someone has a post with step by step instr.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I use Mactheripper to rip and D-Vision2 to encode (both free), and TCPMP to play on the Treo.
    I use handbrake and tcpmp both free.
    If anyone knows where this step by step instructions are, I'd appreciate it. I actually have figured out handbrake, I'd like to know how to with the Quicktime Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    or take the ripped DVD from Handbrake or Mac the ripper and use Quicktime Pro to export the mepg to 320 X 240 3g2 format. If you search in this forum someone has a post with step by step instr.
    I never got 3g2 to work, but mp4's work great. Consistently get a quality movie around 220mb (full-length).

Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    If anyone knows where this step by step instructions are, I'd appreciate it. I actually have figured out handbrake, I'd like to know how to with the Quicktime Pro.
    I haven't purchased the newest QT Pro yet. Is it worth it to convert DVDs to video files on the Treo?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I found handbrake to work fine albeit take literally hours to do it. QT Pro was not worth it. I was hoping it could convert to the 3g2 format, but it doesn't work on the Treo (actually could be a Treo problem). You know what though...after hours of dinking around getting video on my Treo via a Mac, it was a novelty, sort of a challenge and now that I succeeded I don't think I'll do it anymore. Same goes for mp3's, I'd rather use my shuffle. In the end I use my Treo as a phone and for the Palm software.

Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I haven't purchased the newest QT Pro yet. Is it worth it to convert DVDs to video files on the Treo?