1.    #1  
    Hello All
    I am new to the 650 and really enjoy the video function. However, is it possible to convert the treos format (I think '.3g2' ) to a desktop friendly format? I see from the Palm desktop I can email the videos but whats the point unless the recipient can view it? It would be even better if the conversion could be done from the phome. Thanks all.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    There's plenty of video conversion software out there, here's one:
    http://www.xilisoft.com/3gp-video-converter.html
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Anything free? Or for the mac?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    There's plenty of video conversion software out there, here's one:
    http://www.xilisoft.com/3gp-video-converter.html
    Thanks for that. I went ahead and downloaded the trial thats supposed to encode the first 2 mins of any file but no matter what codec I use its repots FAIL and creates a file of 0 bytes. Anyone any ideas? Thanks for your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Hello All
    I am new to the 650 and really enjoy the video function. However, is it possible to convert the treos format (I think '.3g2' ) to a desktop friendly format? I see from the Palm desktop I can email the videos but whats the point unless the recipient can view it? It would be even better if the conversion could be done from the phome. Thanks all.
    It should play in QuickTime without anything needing to be done.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It should play in QuickTime without anything needing to be done.
    Your correct! Thanks for that. Im using QT pro so all I have to do is then export as an AVI to email to non-techy family...
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Your correct! Thanks for that. Im using QT pro so all I have to do is then export as an AVI to email to non-techy family...

so, if u have quicktime (non pro) you are considered a techy now?

the bar is lowered.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    So what does that make those of us that use quicktime alternative?
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    so, if u have quicktime (non pro) you are considered a techy now?

the bar is lowered.
    No, not at all. Im referring to emailing a video clip from the phone to my 66 yr old father and asking him to simply "export it to AVI format" first. Not a snowballs chance...