Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have verichat but sometimes it crashes the treo or disconnects.
    verichat is the best, hands down
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    Which do you use the most? Y, MSN, ICQ or AIM?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    Sometimes???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    "Often" would be a better word...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sometimes???
    I like the signature...but I don't think people will listen. There are no real big flames going on so maybe the mods actually look forward to merging all these threads?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I like the signature...but I don't think people will listen. There are no real big flames going on so maybe the mods actually look forward to merging all these threads?
    Perhaps I should use Verichat and say that I think you're right. But I'm starting to worry about ronbo...how much can one Mod endure??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Why is it that Insertion hasn't godden mod rights himself? He seems to live here 22/7.
    I'll throw Causerie in the ring. Won't crash your treo (least not for me) but disconnects a lot in the background for some folks. Just couldn't bring myself to like the Verichat UI (except the tooltips, that's a nice touch) and features are fairly comparable (no file transfer in Causerie but not a big deal for me)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Why is it that Insertion hasn't godden mod rights himself? He seems to live here 22/7.
    Insertion!? A mod...any person who didn't do a search first would be banished for a week!

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I'll throw Causerie in the ring. Won't crash your treo (least not for me) but disconnects a lot in the background for some folks. Just couldn't bring myself to like the Verichat UI (except the tooltips, that's a nice touch) and features are fairly comparable (no file transfer in Causerie but not a big deal for me)
    Do you use premium or enterprise?
    Premium. Don't use the bots much and don't have multiple accts
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    ookay thanks for the info, I'm trying it now
    I find bots useful, handy source of info. Yesterday I saw a new bot “VeriBlogger” that lets you “Publish you views/ideas on a web site through your handheld device.” I tried it, and it works.
    Check at VeriChat Blogger website: http://blogs.verichat.com
    NOT Mundu 3. Worst Interface Ever. Locks up sometimes when you hit the power button icon which is PIXELS from the down-arrow to scroll through the user list. No indication when you're online, and no way to tell when you exit the program if you're really exiting, or it's still running. Oh, and how to exit? Home button doesn't work, gotta use another hard button. And while testing this, it randomly reset the palm two other times.

I used it for about 20 minutes total while the above happened. Emailed the author Thursday, who has yet to respond. $30 for that? I think not.

[edit]

The developers have contacted me and thanked me for letting them know there were some serious issues with the release and are going to work hard to get the current issues resolved, and maybe I'll help them beta test it as well once they get some of the major bugaboos out of the way and it's usable.

So might avoid Mundu 3 for right now and wait for another release..
    Last edited by khaytsus; 08/08/2005 at 08:15 AM.
    Also...there's Toccer for AIM. It's free (I should be able to use it within the next coupla days when the big list bug has been squashed). I know there're free clients for both MSN and Yahoo too. I just don't remember their names because every single person I know uses some form of AIM.

Linkage: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=89801

It's definitely not the BEST, but it gets the job done. It runs in the background and vibrates, from what I hear. Those are the only 2 features I'll ever request for Instant Messaging on the Treo (at least for the next coupla years).
    Chit Chat Lite for MSN is free. But, everytime I set background mode and exited, my Treo reset.
    Verichat prevents me from being able to use blazer when it's running and i have to warm reset for it to work, causerie is better for me, i use both causerie and toccer
    I actually like Mundu 3 a little more than Verichat, although I still think that Verichat is the best overall for the serious IMer. Mundu allows you to go between keep-online w/ backround mode to fully log out and exit a little easier than Verichat.
    The two things I don't like about Mundu:
    1) It gives me new mail alerts for Yahoo mail, but the notifications pop up and go away quickly they don't persist. I love this feature, getting instant notification of new Yahoo mail, just wish it worked better
    2) When there's a data connection drop Mundu doesn't try to re-log you in. It just sits there saying you were logged out. So you may be logged out a long time without knowing it.

As a result I still use SMS forwarding on AIM and Yahoo 99% of the time, and just log in to my IM client on the phone for conversations, then log back out and in to SMS forwarding mode. It's simply the most reliable and doesn't keep your data connection alive (less battery drain.)
    Since I have Media Works unlimited, I get 1500 SMS a month.

Enter Agile messenger. It basically sucks, but it's free and great for the short log in-converse-log back out that i use it for.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  20.    #20  
    Does Verichat tell you when you have new mail on yahoo?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast