1.    #1  
    Finally, I got my TREO 650 unlocked.
    ATT/Cingular did not do it. I was just wasting my time on the phone with those stpid folsk -must have called atleast a dozen time.
    I used services on www.unloclcellular.com.
    It took me slightly longer as I had not removed the SIM card while unlocking it. Once I removed it, it just unlocked . I feel much better now.
    Thanks for every ones help.
    Now one more question, I do not want the stupid CIngular logo on my phone - when you swithc on or switch of hte Phone. How can I put some other picture or graphic ?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    One word: spellcheck.
    Especially in a link!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    There are replacement splash screens available at mytreo.net. Matrix, Star Wars, Futurama...
    Skinner
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    please email me the link and PW

bigbadbookie@yahoo.com

thx
    Sorry it was so hard for you - I got mine unlocked with one quick phone call top Cingular.
  8.    #8  
    Ok...ok...my bad..it is www.unlockcellular.com
    enjoy
    What is the reason to unlock your phone (or unlock the SIM card; not sure which this does) other than to switch to another carrier. What else does it let the user do? Sorry to ask what I'm sure is a basic question.
    it's the in thing
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRichardson
    What is the reason to unlock your phone (or unlock the SIM card; not sure which this does) other than to switch to another carrier. What else does it let the user do? Sorry to ask what I'm sure is a basic question.
    To get cheaper local calls when you visit another country. You just purchase a pay as you go (prepaid) SIM and use it to make and receive local calls. You can then discard that SIM and switch back to your network's SIM when you're back home. It's much cheaper than paying for your network's roaming charges.
    Is it necessary to use a different branded SIM card to complete the unlock process ?
    > Is it necessary to use a different branded SIM card to complete the unlock process ?

No.