1.    #1  
    I have a Treo650 (with Rogers Wireless). My Bluetooth version is 1.0. I just bought a Motorola HS850 headset. I am having trouble getting it set up. Do I need a higher bluetooth version (1.1 or up)? If so, how do I go about updating my software. Any suggestions would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope_Bay
    I have a Treo650 (with Rogers Wireless). My Bluetooth version is 1.0.
    The 650 comes with Bluetooth 1.1. Why do you think you have 1.0?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    When I go to the Bluetooth application and go to the "about" it says Bluetooth Manager v1.0. I thought that was the bluetooth version. If its not..how do I check the version?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    When I go to the Bluetooth application and go to the "about" it says Bluetooth Manager v1.0. I thought that was the bluetooth version. If its not..how do I check the version?
    the V1.0 is for the software manager not the bluetooth itself
    I have a Treo650 (with Rogers Wireless). My Bluetooth version is 1.0. I just bought a Motorola HS850 headset. I am having trouble getting it set up. Do I need a higher bluetooth version (1.1 or up)? If so, how do I go about updating my software. Any suggestions would be great!
    Your Motorola HS850 headset is more likely the problem, not the Treo. My first Bluetooth Headset was the HS850 and I returned it after using it for a day. I replaced it with a Sony HBH660 and HBH662.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    It will work with the Treo. Myself and a co-worker are both on Rogers with the 650. He has that same headset and it works fine.

Carefully read the pairing instructions...they are a little convoluted - but it will work. Just off the top of my head - on the headset...hold the button down for a long time...like a minute...until the blue light is flashing solid...then do the pairing thing on your Treo. You will need to enter the code...i think it's 0000 or 1234 (something like that). It should be in your moto instructions.
    What can be confusing is that even though both devices support the handsfree profile, when you put them together, you only get the headset profile. This means that calls do not automatically transfer from the phone to the headset so you have to push the multifunction button on the headset to do so. If you check your bluetooth devices and see the HS850 listed, you should be good to go.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case