1.    #1  
    I got my phone replaced by PalmOne and it didn't unlock with the Cingular unlock code. It would say "Phone is now unlocked" but wouldn't accept my Cingular card (it was originally an AT&T phone).

So, I used unlockcellular.com (make sure to use a coupon code of TreoCentral for $5 off) and the unlock code worked!!!!

The strange thing was that the unlock code given to me by unlockcellular.com was different than the one from Cinglar.

Has anybody else had this experience?
    Subsidy unlock codes are specific to each phone (IMEI). If you got an unlock code for your original phone it wouldn't work on the replacement
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Subsidy unlock codes are specific to each phone (IMEI). If you got an unlock code for your original phone it wouldn't work on the replacement
    BINGO
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I used Unlockcellular.com with great success as well. I have no idea if it's the same number as one from Cingular, since the !@#$%%^$#% wouldn't give it up and LIED to me saying the phone I bought out East wouldn't work in the MidWest even if I unlocked it....BS! I tried SIm after Sim trying. As soon as the code went in and message said unlocked, 4 bars popped up and I was connected.

Honestly, it isn't worth bugging Cingular when you can get it for $25 from unlockcellular.com.

Mention my email address timothy.sanderson@worldnet.att.net as a referral when you get $5 off for using the Treocentral coupon code. They like to know who told you.

Super service, super deal.

More to the story:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post766362
  5.    #5  
    It was not the same unlock code. I called Cingular with my new IMEI number and unlockcellular.com gave me a DIFFERENT unlock code. Cingular's code didn't work, the second one did.
    Sounds like the second time around they may have given the sim unlock code vs subsidy unlock which doesn't unlock the phone
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    That may be possible. I'll never know...