Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    I just upgraded to the new Cingular Firmware.. It automatically shuts of the screen 30 seconds into a call to save power... This is annoying...

    I use my phone a lot in the car and the charger is always plugged...

    How can I set the phone to it is on ALL THE TIME when the power adapter is plugged in...

    Even the 3 minute timer sucks...If I finish a call and hang up.. Within seconds the phone SHUTS off and I have to do that little (Center Button Shuffle) all the time...

    It's annoying.. I am smart enough to push the end call button to sleep the phone when I am not using it.. I don't need the phone doing it for me..


    Help....
  2. #2  
    You could always get a monkey to do it for you
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  3. #3  
    look for the freeware: Allways On
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestr
    look for the freeware: Allways On

    I just downloaded it.... Can it be run from the SD Card? How do you like it???

    What if I decide to not use it anymore... How does one go back to the standard Treo timer...?
  5. #5  
    Well, I guess it's cheaper than buyin' a monkey.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestr
    look for the freeware: Allways On
    Seems to work good... The PERFECT solution would be one that actually monitors when the power cord is plugged in and if it was in it would set to Always On... If it was out it could be set for something greater than 3 minutes...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Well, I guess it's cheaper than buyin' a monkey.
    but not nearly as cool!
    my whole life ive wanted a pet monkey, one i can come home from work and find him sittin there on the couch watching tv or playing playstation. id have to have it from a young baby so i can teach it not to throw ****
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  8. #8  
    OnCradleOn does this and it's free too
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    but not nearly as cool!
    my whole life ive wanted a pet monkey, one i can come home from work and find him sittin there on the couch watching tv or playing playstation. id have to have it from a young baby so i can teach it not to throw ****
    Throwing **** would be cool if you're at someone else's pad though...hehe.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestr
    look for the freeware: Allways On
    Allways On works great until you make a call. Then it reverts back to the 30 second timer. I'm hoping an update will become available that overrides this new "feature".
  11. #11  
    Welcome to the forum ppine.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  12. #12  
    profiles is the best for this job. it's powerful, well-written and FREE.

    get it here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/communic...profiles.shtml

    after you installed the software, you'll find it listed in 'prefs' not a stand-alone software like other "regular" applications.
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
  13. #13  
    Isn't it strange how standard features & apps in palm units cease to be included in later versions. VoiceMemo, Notepad, Grafitti....... Prefs option "Stay On in Cradle []"
    It used to be standard - now you need another hack or app to bring it back!
  14. #14  
    yeah, you're right. palmos designers seem to lack the most basic common sense. no wonder windows mobile 5 based treo would soon be released.
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    Isn't it strange how standard features & apps in palm units cease to be included in later versions. VoiceMemo, Notepad, Grafitti....... Prefs option "Stay On in Cradle []"
    It used to be standard - now you need another hack or app to bring it back!
    They seem to so concerned with battery life, yet they did not include the ability to dim the keyboard backlight independantly from the display, (which for me, would be set to dim a whole lot, and the other carriers have implemented).

    I noticed that at least one app (TCPMP, the pocket media player) will dim the keyboard light when you go into "full" mode. It kinda freaked me out the first time I used that mode, because that is the first thing that happens when the Treo crashes! But that's cool that some developers have begun to give us this dimming option. From the very first day I bought my Treo, I've wanted this!

    And thanks for the welcome millsda2.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by msafi
    profiles is the best for this job. it's powerful, well-written and FREE.

    get it here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/communic...profiles.shtml

    after you installed the software, you'll find it listed in 'prefs' not a stand-alone software like other "regular" applications.
    That is a sweet utility... just loaded it..
  17. #17  
    Profile Care has just been updated to address the 30 sec off "feature" of the new firmware. It works great. You can set the screen off delay from 0 to 900 seconds, or optionally you can select always on w/ external power. It cannot run from SD card though.

    http://www.gotreosoftware.com/
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by msafi
    profiles is the best for this job. it's powerful, well-written and FREE.

    get it here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/communic...profiles.shtml

    after you installed the software, you'll find it listed in 'prefs' not a stand-alone software like other "regular" applications.
    Dang...I never thought about using a separate profile for my car. That makes AlwaysOn and OnCradleOn irrelevant.

    Thanks for the tip.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Dang...I never thought about using a separate profile for my car. That makes AlwaysOn and OnCradleOn irrelevant.

    Thanks for the tip.
    Note that the freeware "profiles" does not allow one to customize the phone's dimming and screen off features. It does, however, let you set an "always on" mode that can be triggered by being plugged into power.

    If you pay for Profile Care you'll be able to manipulate that feature as well as get timely tech support.

    I must admit that I am using "profiles" because I can't afford to pay for every utility I'd like to have, though I have experienced Jeff's work personally with Volume Care, which I did buy.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Note that the freeware "profiles" does not allow one to customize the phone's dimming and screen off features. It does, however, let you set an "always on" mode that can be triggered by being plugged into power.

    If you pay for Profile Care you'll be able to manipulate that feature as well as get timely tech support.

    I must admit that I am using "profiles" because I can't afford to pay for every utility I'd like to have, though I have experienced Jeff's work personally with Volume Care, which I did buy.
    The plain ol' free profiles most certainly does let you change the power status when it's plugged in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions