Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Blazer Bookmarks Drive me crazy! There is no way to export them! I've read on this board about creating an html file and using it as your Blazer home page, but manually creating and updating an html file is a pain. Then I realized I could use Mozilla Firefox to create a file!

Do the following:

Install Firefox and run it once.

If you already are using firefox backup your current bookmarks.html in
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox/random character profile name\bookmarks.html (the italics are unique on each system, this is correct for XP and 2000)

Open Firefox

Browse to pdaportal.com. Go to all of your favorite websites and create bookmarks for them. You can create folders and use the Manage Bookmarks to order them anyway you want. Dont worry about subfolders since Blazer wont display them correctly. When your done just copy the bookmarks.html file in the directory listed above to your palm\Blazer directory on your SD Card and in the Blazer options set your home page to file:///palm/blazer/bookmarks.html

If you know html you can edit the file to remove the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder that Firefox automatically creates.

I've attached the one I've created. To save yourself time you can copy it to the directory listed above and then use it to start with.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
    I simply save bookmarks in Versamail. Use the draft feature and you donlt even need to send it.

Simply email it if you want to transport to another computer or PDA.
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by jjquin
    Blazer Bookmarks Drive me crazy! There is no way to export them! I've read on this board about creating an html file and using it as your Blazer home page, but manually creating and updating an html file is a pain. Then I realized I could use Mozilla Firefox to create a file!

Do the following:

Install Firefox and run it once.

If you already are using firefox backup your current bookmarks.html in
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox/random character profile name\bookmarks.html (the italics are unique on each system, this is correct for XP and 2000)

Open Firefox

Browse to pdaportal.com. Go to all of your favorite websites and create bookmarks for them. You can create folders and use the Manage Bookmarks to order them anyway you want. Dont worry about subfolders since Blazer wont display them correctly. When your done just copy the bookmarks.html file in the directory listed above to your palm\Blazer directory on your SD Card and in the Blazer options set your home page to file:///palm/blazer/bookmarks.html

If you know html you can edit the file to remove the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder that Firefox automatically creates.

I've attached the one I've created. To save yourself time you can copy it to the directory listed above and then use it to start with.
    Great tip! Thanks
    Might want to split that up into categories or something.. A huge honking list of URLs isn't very Blazer friendly either.
    Thanks for this tip.

I went through the whole list and threw away the inactive ones and added some of mine to it as well. Then I listed it as one of my own bookmarks using the file:/// address you provided. Works like a champ. You just increased the usefulness of my Treo650 ten fold. Fantastic.

Thanks again

Cheers
    Rees
    BTW, here's a previous post on this very sort of thing..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ile#post924127
    Another quick update:

This thread inspired me to create my own little web site and put it on my SD card. Only I can see it but it has really increased my enjoyment on my Treo 650. I only have three files so far. A bookmark file, a weather page where all the info I need is organized in one spot and a home page file which allows me to select between the two other files. I plan on making more web pages but this really has really been fun to create.

Again, thanks for the ideas.
    Rees
    You can also use Favogo, that is much more convenient.
    It keeps your bookmarks synchronised automatically.
    You can open the bookmark right into Blazer, no problem.
    It has a much better user interface as the bookmarks in Blazer or the Bookmark.html you have to open in Blazer.

Favogo: http://www.bsoft.nl