1.    #1  
    I got DUN working on my desktop PC with minimal issues using the Windows setup wizard. However my Motion LE1600 Tablet PC uses the Toshiba bluetooth stack and a different interface for setting up bluetooth devices.

Has anyone had any experience using this with their Treo650?

I would love to use my tablet out and about and be able to connect to the internet when there is no WiFi connection around.

Thanks in advance,
    jmlg
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    My Toshiba Tecra labtop has "bluetooth settings" icon which opens the "bluetooth manager"

Honestly I cant remember the step by step but it was pretty straight forward. Paur them, create a virtual com port on the PC (I think it does it automatically after pairing if I recall and even puts in a 'generic modem' on the com port), then set up a dial up connectiont that aims to the generic modem on the virtual com port and use the dial up info for you provider.

To get it to work- turn on BT DUN on the treo. Turn on the bluetooth radio on the laptop, then do a connect to the connection and bamm it works like a charm. Treo connects and disconnects to the net as needed. It's really sweet.

Have you tried it yet?
    having problems with toshiba BT stack and treo 650....it pairs it, but i continuously get the port in use (error 633) error...but i don't think any other application is using that port...this is frustrating..
  4.    #4  
    Im still not able to make it work with my tablet. PDANet wont work either so I think there is a root cause somewhere that I havent nailed yet.

Still interested in any tips.
    @johngrubb - Palm Pre User
    look for the other 1.12 DUN BT post, lots of info there, I also came across some threads specifically about toshiba tablets maybe you can try those
    i think the issue is around Toshiba stack with XP SP2...keep digging!
    my gosh..i just figured it out! took me an entire day! but well worth it
    now posting with BT DUN

i just uninstalled everything and started fresh, uninstall toshiba bt stack, uninstall bt monitor...reinstalled bt stack, reinstalled bt monitor...laptop and treo paired w/o any problems....use #777 as dialing number and leave username and pw blank, for me it asked me for the pairing key again, once i enter the key again, boom i'm in for some light surfing
    I have been trying for a day or so to get DUN to work on my Sprint Treo 650(v1.12). I have tried updating everything possible on my M200 tablet, from BIOS to bluetooth drivers and still no luck. I am closer than before. In the beginnning I could only send files to my Treo and now it wants to use it as a modem, but it gives me error code 663 when it tries to dial even though I can't find anything else running. Do you think it was anything in particular you did that got it to work? I may end up just reloading my PC from square one and start with a clean slate OS, although that is a PIA. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Avery

Quote Originally Posted by fxdup
    my gosh..i just figured it out! took me an entire day! but well worth it
    now posting with BT DUN

i just uninstalled everything and started fresh, uninstall toshiba bt stack, uninstall bt monitor...reinstalled bt stack, reinstalled bt monitor...laptop and treo paired w/o any problems....use #777 as dialing number and leave username and pw blank, for me it asked me for the pairing key again, once i enter the key again, boom i'm in for some light surfing