Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    I use the Seidio adapter with speakers, a cassette adapter in my car, as well as a set of noise cancelling headphones with great success. The power consumption of Ptunes and the adapter is pretty good. I did a 4 hour drive yesterday with my Treo playing DJ. By the time the trip was done, I was down to 79% on the power meter, which I think is thrifty.

I agree with others who have said it would be great to add a power-in port. That's the one thing that I think would make this a perfect addition to the 650.
    You said headphone. Did you mean headset which would include a MIC? I am asking if using the Seidio adapter allows room to access the 2.5mm jack on the Treo and if a MIC on a headset would still be active.
    Last edited by swieder; 06/19/2006 at 01:51 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Very cool product, and I like how Treo users' ideas are being listened to and acted upon. I think I actually like MMT's design better because it isn't as bulky as the one from Seidio, but the functionality is the same. Maybe Seidio will come out with another one similar to MMT's. Nice work!

Question, Does anyone know of a case similar in design to the one below that would have the bottom of the treo mostly exposed so that this audio adapter could be used while the treo was in the case?

I was considering purchasing this case (horizontal palm leather case with magnetic closure): http://store.treocentral.com/content...4-120--107.htm

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim_H; 06/19/2006 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    You said headphone. Did you mean headset which would include a MIC? I am asking if using the Seidio adapter allows room to access the 2.5mm jack on the Treo and if a MIC on a headset would still be active.
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    The adapter allows access to the 2.5 mm jack. I don't use the headsets so this is a guess:

If you want to use headsets to listen and talk, use
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=227

Ih you want to listen on the headset/headphones but use the handset's microphone (hold the treo to your face and talk), use
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=311
    Last edited by aprasad; 06/26/2006 at 07:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Time to ask the MFG.

David from Seidio - can you confirm that I can use a telephone headset to listen and talk on phone calls and use your Treo connector adapter to play music?
    Quote Originally Posted by MMT View Post
    I've been wanting the same thing. In fact, I bought a couple of universal connectors from the Palm developer parts store online with the intention of making such an adapter. Unfortunately, they are totally bare-bones and will require manufacturing some kind of cover to hold the connector and the headphone jack. I'm not sure how to do that. I've thought of two things: make it from wood, like others here have done with homebrew cradles, or make it from epoxy resin that is poured into a mold. Anyone have mold-making skills??
    I've attached a photo of the adapters I have.
    I'm looking to buy the above mentioned connector, how do I get to the Palm developer parts store online?
    Thanks,
    Elliot
    Hi MMT, I went to the PDN website but couldn't find the parts store, how did you get that connector?
    Thanks,
    Elliot
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789