Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    I think THIS is the sort of thing we are after. I only made it red to make it easier to see.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Yes, I think about more or less the same thing (not in red though).

Ideal size would be the one that fits most cases on the market that have an opening for multiconnector. And ideally, it should fit tight, giving the feeling that it is one with Treo. I guess it's Ok if it extends a bit further down (than on artist's concept by checkmate), but left-right and front-back dimensions are pretty much limited to approx 40x10 mm.

Tough task, eh?
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MMT
    Ehudokai,

I got the cradle connector with all the pins, and I removed the ones I didn't need. You might be able to get the USB one and move the pins but I haven't tried reinserting pins so I don't know if it works.

- MMT
    After reading every post in this thread & checking out your great design
    AND
    joining Pluggedin,
    downloading The Treo 600 Developer reference guide,
    downloading the Treo 650 Developer reference guide
    finding the pinouts for each,
    I realized that there are no audio and mic pins on the Treo 600 connector.

In fact, IT"S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CONNECTOR!

The multipurpose connector on your Treo 650 has speaker outs on pins 14 and 15

The Treo 600 connector has no audio pins,
    although the serial output is ttl
    so I wonder if with some enterprising software
    and a D/A convertor + a preamp included in your add-on......
    maybe the internal 2.5 mm jack could be bypassed?

Aw hell with it....
    Where's the lawyer that's handling the class action suit?
    I've been using this piece of crap with an adaptor scotch-taped
    to my external case for 10 months now.

I spent 2 hours total
    calling Palm's warranty number with no success
    and when I emailed them
    they obfuscated and sent me the number as if they never read the email!

I hope Spitzer gets in the act and sues their asses off....
    whoever owns them now!!!!
    hey seidio,
    hows this coming along?
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    hey seidio,
    hows this coming along?
    Inquiring minds want to know....
    FullThrottleDave
    --
    Cingular Treo 650 (locked) bought 05/2005
    Bump...
    seidioseidio where are you?
    Hi

PLease watch our news release today Later in the afternoon in this forum.

David Chang
    Here is the link for the new connector type audio adaptor, I know this may not be the one some of you are looking for. But this is a start.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by ScudB; 12/01/2005 at 06:04 PM.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    wow... looks like all the feedback from this thread was completely overlooked...
  12. MMT
    Not to give anyone too much hope, but I guess there's still room for my adapter after all! I'm working on making a tighter fit between Treo and adapter to prevent movement and breakups in the sound. If I figure out a way to mold my adapter better, then I'll make some new ones and let you all know...
    MMT,

Any way to be able to use your adapter with the Tero in the Vaja T-65 case?
    That will require a slightly longer connector to expose the 3.5 mm socket beyond the Vaja case.

The thing going for Seidio's pigtail design is that it will work with any case and the pigtail will isolate the connector from loads and torques.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Just use the Seidio one then. Most ppl. want one that's as compact as possible, but that still has the headphone jack mounted sideways / horizontally. And yeah it does look like Seidio just completely overlooked the feedback in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Just use the Seidio one then. Most ppl. want one that's as compact as possible, but that still has the headphone jack mounted sideways / horizontally. And yeah it does look like Seidio just completely overlooked the feedback in this thread...
    I'm sorry you feel that way. What we are trying to do is provide a stable and securely attached adaptor that will restore headphone functionality immediately. The "pigtail" model is only the first in an evolving family that will definitely take into account the feedback we've gotten from this thread and others. We like to get desirable products to market as soon as possible, but need to make sure that they are functional and durable as well. We are definitely listening.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    I'm sorry you feel that way. What we are trying to do is provide a stable and securely attached adaptor that will restore headphone functionality immediately. The "pigtail" model is only the first in an evolving family that will definitely take into account the feedback we've gotten from this thread and others. We like to get desirable products to market as soon as possible, but need to make sure that they are functional and durable as well. We are definitely listening.

Why are you quoting just me? I was just echoing what durex said above. I do agree that it seems like Seidio overlooked what most people asked for (something very unobtrusive with a side / horizontal headphone jack and charger jack). But then again, this is just a first generation product.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12/02/2005 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi

We plan to release it late this week or early part next week. It will NOT have the cable coming out from the bottom.

David Chang

Hey seidioseidio what happened??? Looks like a cable coming out of the bottom to me. I hope the next gen adaptor comes out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMT
    Not to give anyone too much hope, but I guess there's still room for my adapter after all! I'm working on making a tighter fit between Treo and adapter to prevent movement and breakups in the sound. If I figure out a way to mold my adapter better, then I'll make some new ones and let you all know...

Save us MMT!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I'll use them both .. provided the compact one is usable in the Vaja case. Removing the Treo from the case is not something I like to do very often.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    Save us MMT!
    Hear, hear, MMT! I definitely think we need yours desperately...
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast