Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    HI MMT,

We are devloping another new tooling for this. Besides Headphone jack, what else functions will you like to see ?

1) Headphone jack (3.5 mm)
    2) Charge function
    3) Sync function

Anythings else ? How about form factor ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

I would only need the Headphone jack (3.5mm). Unless adding the other functions does not add too much to the cost. I wouldn't want to buy a $30 audio adapter. Also make the jack plug in from the side like MMT's.
    HI MMT,

We are devloping another new tooling for this. Besides Headphone jack, what else functions will you like to see ?

1) Headphone jack (3.5 mm)
    2) Charge function
    3) Sync function

Anythings else ? How about form factor ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    As a user, when using the headphone jack, all I want is a reliable good connector which is as small as possible (the jack oriented sideways is ideal).

I need the headphone jack (3.5 mm) when using the treo in my pocket or hanging off the belt in my Vaja T-65. I have other better ways (like innodock) for these other functions like charging or syncing, when I am at my desk.

It would be real nice if the connector was not large, but large enough for use in the Vaja case :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    My $.02...

First off regardless of the solution, the side input, as found in MMT's design is a must to keep the bulk at a minimum

I vote for either 1 of 2 solutions-
    1. I doubt it would be possible without making the adapter larger than most would want, but it would be friggin excellent if you could figure out a way to create an adapeter that attaches in the same manner as MMT's (that formfits along the entire bottom of the treo), which allows you to plug 3.5mm from the side, but on the bottom of the adapter, still allows you to plug in the normal treo adapter cable.. (hope this makes sense).

2. If the above isnt possible (which I doubt it would be- as cool as it would be) I completely second Yappapaa's suggestion- make it as simple as possible, cheap as possible ($$, not quality) and as least intrusive as possible.

Stick with MMT's design idea making it formfit (similiar to iPod accessories), perhaps even duplicating the curviture of the bottom of the treo, on the bottom of the adapter, making it appear as though at first glance, its part of the actual treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMT
    I think that providing a mini-USB jack along with the 3.5MM headphone jack would be ideal. That way you could charge and/or sync with just one jack, and keep the entire adapter small. Are you planning on making the design similar to mine (wide and short), to minimize the height of the adapter? If so, I'd like to suggest that you make it fit very closely to the contours of the Treo bottom to minimize movement when attached.
    I recommend that you have the 3.5 mm jack on one side and the mini-usb jack on the other side of the slim, form-fitting adapter. It should allow use of the microphone while attached. It should follow the line of the treo and be made of a durable material so as not to shatter if impacted.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I need the headphone jack (3.5 mm) when using the treo in my pocket or hanging off the belt in my Vaja T-65. I have other better ways (like innodock) for these other functions like charging or syncing, when I am at my desk.
    I think MMT's idea (as I got it) is to minimize the need to detach adapter from Treo since to provide a reliable connection the fit has to be rather tight. For this purpose a mini-USB jack (along with 3.5mm audio) would be ideal.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Thank you very much for the inputs. I will be back to you shortly.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Hi MMT,

I am interested in purchasing the connector from Palm and creating my onw thing, similar to what you have done. My treo currently has a "jacked" jack.

I looked at the site you posted on the first page of this thread, but I was curious which connector you are using in your design. Do you get the USB-only one and the just rearrange the pins, or are you using the universal cradle connector?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Later
    If seido releases a good one soon, I will buy there's! I'm not that interested in building my own (hint hint). I know its coming. Thank you
  9. MMT
    Ehudokai,

I got the cradle connector with all the pins, and I removed the ones I didn't need. You might be able to get the USB one and move the pins but I haven't tried reinserting pins so I don't know if it works.

- MMT
    Thanks MMT,

I guess it's not that much more expensive. Thanks for the info.

Later,
    How about

17 mm (H) x 22 mm (W) X 55 mm (L)

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MMT
    Ehudokai,

I got the cradle connector with all the pins, and I removed the ones I didn't need. You might be able to get the USB one and move the pins but I haven't tried reinserting pins so I don't know if it works.

- MMT
    Hi okay i am very very new, I just read all this and am blown away by all this info. I am currently using a $4 item from radio shack that just converts the 3/32 to the 1/8 jack. Its too long. Just looking for a simple solution should I hunt for other items like this out there that arent soo long, ? should I try the palm one , or the sedio one that has the short cable. I currently use it with my Sony MDR-EX71SL Ear Bud Headphones and a tape adapter for my car. Not too thrilled with the quality, is it cause they are not gold and only silver? Also am looking for the best working bluetooth out there. Any help in this category or should I ask that in a different thread?

PLEASE Help. I am willing to pay for better shure earbuds (noise canceling preferably, but not willing to spend much more than $100 preferrably less.

thanks MB
    How about

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Will it work with the Vaja T-65 case?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    How about

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    That incorporates wi-fi adapter, right?
    How about

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

All I want to know is when, I'm just to busy to build it myself this week.

-ehudokai
    How about

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    to give a more appropriate answer.. the dimensions do look pretty good. but whatever u do make, whether u incorporate a charging jack or just the headphone jack.. pls maintain some quality standards for the unit.
    seidioseidio,

How's it coming with development of this? I'm eagerly awaiting this, so I can stop worrying about killing my headset connector.

All I want is a 3.5mm connection in as low-profile a package as possible, to still fit in a case or my pocket.
    At this point we would be lucky to see anything from them before the year is out... given the time for PROPER protoyping, testing, manufacturing in asia, then shipping to the usa.

I would almost prefer seidio take their time and get it right... and hope it fits atleast 65 (I figure better then half would be nice) percent of cases with sufficient openings at the bottom for the connector ports.
    Quote Originally Posted by patord
    ... and hope it fits atleast 65 (I figure better then half would be nice) percent of cases with sufficient openings at the bottom for the connector ports.
    Nope, at 55mm it will fit none. And btw, 17x22x55 is about the size of the bottom part of the Enfora sled.
    Last edited by ScudB; 11/18/2005 at 04:59 AM.
    What size will be the ideal one ?

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com