Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Not on the website yet that i could find.... at 12:30 PDT... Does it still allow the speakers in the TREO to work and does it still allow Bluetooth. My issue is when listening to MP3's and the phone rings I have to ....
    1) disconnect the headphones from the Treo
    2) Take them off of my ears
    3) Put my bluetooth headset on
    4) before voice mail kicks in
    It's on the site but it's too big.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ADA%2DTR65035F

MMT's sideways design is so much better. By allowing the plug to enter sideways the connector remains small. Seidio's design plugs in the bottom so the connection has to be long enough to fit the plug. Glad I didn't wait to place the reset of my accessory order.

Too bad really. I was looking forward to a well designed plug. What does everyone else think ?

MMT are you ready to take orders yet ;-)
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    I agree. This is a horrible design compared to the elegant sideways design by MMT.

Seidio saved cost by using their current connector die that they use for hotsyncing cables. But I can't imagine that huge thing sitting in my pocket....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Ditto to rgps and aprasad. I had hopes that it would be similar to MMT's. Specifically because David from Seidio said that it would NOT have the cable coming out the bottom, but it does....

MMT when you get sound from the connector instead of the headset what does the Treo do when someone calls or an alert of some kind happens?

Thanks
    Last edited by FullThrotleDave; 10/04/2005 at 06:23 PM.
  5. MMT
    Yeah, that's not exactly what I expected to see from Seidio. Not so good for carrying in your pocket. Maybe I'll get back in the manufacturing game :-) I may not be able to compete on price, but I can certainly make a product that fills this particular need better.

With the connector on and headphones plugged in and the ringer turned on, you hear calls and alerts through the regular Treo speaker and not in headphones. If the ringer is turned off, you hear the actual ring sound in headphones though the phone itself is silent. However, alerts do not come through the headphones when the ringer is off. My phone is set to vibrate on alerts so I still get notified. Not sure why rings come through but alerts don't.

It's gratifying to read that people like my little project. Thanks for the kind words!
    What size female connector is there in the Seidio product? I hope it is 3.5 mm and not 2.5 mm.

MMT, if/when you make your connector, please have it accept 3.5 mm banana plugs..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I wonder if MMT should patent his design.. and license it to Seidio !!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    wow... what a major dissapointment. i couldve sworn david said it wouldnt be a bottom connector design. i was ready to pick one of these up pronto. keep us posted mmt, cause youve def got the best design thus far!
    MMT, the charging / Audio docking station is an EXCELLENT idea!
    Sorta like those speaker sets they have for Iods where you slip the Ipod in and it plays through the speakers.

I'd be VERY interested in one of these to place beside my bed as an alarm clock (My Treo's speaker serve's as my alrm right now...)

Your stuff REALLY is great man...
    Where do I get info on making molds like that for connectors?
    Thanks man!
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by TISGOD
    MMT, the charging / Audio docking station is an EXCELLENT idea!
    Sorta like those speaker sets they have for Iods where you slip the Ipod in and it plays through the speakers.

I'd be VERY interested in one of these to place beside my bed as an alarm clock (My Treo's speaker serve's as my alrm right now...)
    Already announced:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8111
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Excellent price! You have a customer already.

Is it on the website, though? I can't seem to find it at http://www.seidio.com/index_products_treo650_audio.htm
  12. MMT
    see post #62 for a direct link to the Seidio adapter.
    Anyone know if the Seido adapter will work with a hybrid headset, ie stereo output and a microphone for the Phone?
  14. MMT
    I would guess not. I imagine they would say so on their website if it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Holy $179.99!

Yipes!

Guess I'll wake up to my usual chime as usual...

Thanks for the link though!
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by MMT
    see post #62 for a direct link to the Seidio adapter.
    Thanks, MMT. Don't know why I missed out on all those other posts.

But yeah, now that I've seen and I've read, I must say it's nowhere as elegant as yours, and that makes it a little disappointing. If you're seriously considering making some yourself, maybe you could set up a quick poll to see who'll be interested in buying one from you?
    Well I've had a look at various options and to be honest while Seido or MMTs adapters would be useful, its looks like Plantronics have the answer for Treo 650 users...

Plantronics make a stereo headset with a 2.5mm plug and built-in mic. So at least this should aliviate the sideways pressure on the Treo socket and avoid bending it. http://www.cellularaccessory.com/mx100s.html

Bestbuy sell these but both local shops here in St Pete, FL have sold out.

Obviously for those who've already damaged the socket, Seido or MMTs solution would be best!
    Quote Originally Posted by trimark
    Plantronics make a stereo headset with a 2.5mm plug and built-in mic. So at least this should aliviate the sideways pressure on the Treo socket and avoid bending it.
    Actually, reading the description and thinking about it, I don't think these are anygood if you are using the Treo to play the music, since it implies you have to plug both plugs in at the same time. Time to shutup until I've actually tried it...
    Hey MMT, are you able to use your adapter with stereo headphones on a call? It works with a normal adapter via the built-in mic.
    I ordered two of the Seidio adapters, and when I received them only one worked intermittenty (the other was completely DOA). The one that sort of worked popped apart in seconds. What a huge disappointment. RMA time.