Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MMT
    Finally got some new headphone jacks and decided to try making another adapter. This one turned out much better. I used a different mold, and I made sure to keep resin from getting into the spring clips. It sounds great, looks decent, and clips securely to my treo while still releasing without too much pressure. And, it only took two hours this time instead of four

Apologies for a couple of the pictures being blurry.

Hi,

Yes, Seidio listens. We are working on an adaptor based on this concept. The audio adaptor like this will be available in about 14 days. Will keep you informed.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Dang. Nice work MMT. And thank you for listening Seidio!
    Visor Deluxe (green) > Visor Prism > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Centro
    My personal website is Ryan McFarland
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

Yes, Seidio listens. We are working on an adaptor based on this concept. The audio adaptor like this will be available in about 14 days. Will keep you informed.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Make sure the connector is tall enough to be used with the Vaja cases !!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4. MMT
    Coljac: the pinouts of the multi-connector are documented on the Palm site if you dig deep enough. I signed up for their Plugged-In program, which gives you access to developer docs, software, ROM images, etc. and also to the parts store. That's where I bought the multi-connector pieces I used.

Gfunkmagic: the Treo does not require any software to use the adapter. It senses when headphones are connected to the adapter and pipes the audio out to them and turns off the internal speaker. With only the adapter connected, audio still comes out the internal speaker.
    MMT,

What software is that running in the pics? I am embarrassed to say I don't recognize it. Is it an application or a skin on an application?

Or just, uh what is it?

TIA

matty
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
  6. MMT
    It's a pockettunes skin: http://www.pocket-tunes.com/skins/me...yberline.shtml

I use my Treo to play music in the car with a cradle, and this skin works well for me.
    Thanks, I was going to have a look there too, but I had to go to the bus stop and pick up my kids...

Cheers
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Good fabrication work. Only improvement I would recommend is a plug to allow you to plug a card power adapter in
  9. MMT
    David from Seidio: will your adapter include the audio coupler technology you sell as a separate product to go along with your INNODock cradle? I recently tried using my home-made adapter with a pair of external PC speakers, which worked fine, but when I tried to connect my Treo to my home stereo amp with my adapter the sound continued to come out of the Treo speaker and was not routed through my adapter. I'm sure this is due to the impedence issue you describe, where the Treo does not sense that certain external speakers are connected through the multiconnector.
  10. MMT
    ssrjazz: good idea to include a power connector. I'm actually thinking of making my own small dock that just does power (rather than full sync via USB) and has an audio out, for use on my bedside table at home. I don't need to sync there, but I charge my phone every night and I want to be able to listen to music at the same time. I've ordered more parts from the Palm developer store so I should be fabricating again soon...
  11.    #31  
    MMT, sounds like you're hooked :-) Why build the last thing you described? Seidio already offers it.

On another note, I have always wished that Palm would just go to the regular barrel connector for charging like Nokia uses. Those wall warts with a barrel connector are ubiquitous and cheap. It would be really cool if Seido but a 3.5 mm audio connector on one side and a barrel connector for charging on the other. That way I could use it as my travel charger also.
    David from Seidio - this is going to be another winner for your company. I want to emphasize a point made earlier that you make the connector long enough so that it can be used while the Treo is in its case. I don't need the charger/power support just a better way to use the audio connector.

Are we all talking about a 3.5mm jack as the output connector?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Does the Palm connector include video out? Someone described the A/V out functionality and that implies we could hook up to an external display.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    Does the Palm connector include video out? Someone described the A/V out functionality and that implies we could hook up to an external display.
    , i might like that

bump
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  15.    #35  
    There have been references to video out ever since they first announced the change to this connector for the 650. Being able to drive a video monitor directly from the Treo would be a revolutionary feature but I am pretty sure it is not supported yet or we'd hear much more about it.
    Just read the Multi-Connector pinout on the palm developer site: no a/v.
  17. MMT
    No A/V in the current pinout description, but notice pin 9: "Reserved. Do not connect." Perhaps this is being saved for video out. Perhaps not.

guinnessdraught: I may make a cradle rather than buy one for two reasons: it's fun, and I wouldn't have to spend $40 on a Seidio cradle.

swieder: yes, we're talking about a 3.5mm headphone jack for audio out.
  18. Lab
    check this connector out!!!
    Works awsome and beats the 2.5mm to 3.5mm right angle adaptor

http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-650-Multi-C...QQcmdZViewItem
  19. Lab
    Is this what you're looking for?

click on this link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-650-Multi-C...QQcmdZViewItem
    $25 + $5 s&h seems expensive for a connector.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast