Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Waremaster
    "Verizon does now offer combined voice data plans that are more competitive with Earthlink"

Could you tell us more about this plan you spoke of? I looked on verizons website and couldnt find anything about the data plans.

Thank you
    You need to go into one of their stores or kiosks at Circuit City. They have a pamphlet that offers package deals when you combine minute plans with unlimited data plans. The lowest one only takes $5 dollars off the minute plan but the higher ones take up to $20 off...effectively bringing them close to Verizon's price.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    I don't think you guys have looked at the sprint plans lately.

They are only offering the fair and flexible plans now.

Earthlink is giving you 1100 minutes, unlimited data, and free nights and weekends for $104.90.

From Sprint: 700 minutes is $49.99. 400 additional minutes only cost another $20. Unlimited Vision is on $15. Adds up to only $84.99.

Obviously, Sprint has the better offer. If you compare the 2400 minute plans Sprint is only $5 cheaper than Earthlink. But, you have to remember that with Sprint you only pay $0.05 per minute for overage and you are able to add things like unlimited sms and 7pm nights.

Just wanted to add another perspective. I will keep everyone posted on how my adventure goes. I have about 10 Sprint stores in a 10 mile radius from me and I'm determined to get a yes.
    Also, Sprint Vision is cheaper than the unlimited data plan from Earthlink. Earthlink charges $30 bucks while Sprint is only $10. Though, Earthlink doesn't appear to be as fussy about tethering (at least I haven't heard anything from them regarding it.) I would probably have gone with Sprint if I had done more research. In fact, I may buy the next generation Treo from Sprint.
    You can also get the Verizon package deals on the website by selecting business on the first page.

Oh yeah choose mobile professional from the drop-down.
    Last edited by BigTreo; 09/08/2005 at 12:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I get my 2nd months Bill and there is no $100 discount as promised. I call Customer Service, and am told that what they 'MEANT' was it would be applied 2 months AFTER I ws billed for phone itself (which was 1 month after I signed up). He does offer to waive a months phone service in return.

I also ask about when the equivalent Sprint Firmware update will be applied to ELNK phones and am told there is no plans to do so and most certainily BlueTooth DUN WILL NEVER be available. I guess they want you to buy some crappy dial up service from them in addition. When I asked why I was told "It would use up too much bandwidth on our network"! I laughed myself silly. C'mon ELNK - if you're gonna have your reps spout complete BS, at least come up with something that might be at least plausible.

I thoroughly regret leaving Sprint at this point. I will be remedying this ASAP.

Since the ELNK phone is working on Sprint's network can I pay the $175 cancellation fee and sign up with Sprint with this phone, possibly after flashing this phone with the Sprint Firmware? I see no TECHNICAL reason this shouldn't work but would Sprint provision it? And how can I find out?
    Well, I did come across one manager that was ready to deal on new activations. Unfortunately, I already have 2 phones on my account which is currently my cap. He said if I cancelled one of my lines (which is not under contract right now) I am supposed to wait 6 months before I am eligible for "new" customer status. He said I may be able to find someone to do it but they would risk getting fired because it is consider "churning" existing customers to boost your sales.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jleggett
    I get my 2nd months Bill and there is no $100 discount as promised. I call Customer Service, and am told that what they 'MEANT' was it would be applied 2 months AFTER I ws billed for phone itself (which was 1 month after I signed up). He does offer to waive a months phone service in return.

I also ask about when the equivalent Sprint Firmware update will be applied to ELNK phones and am told there is no plans to do so and most certainily BlueTooth DUN WILL NEVER be available. I guess they want you to buy some crappy dial up service from them in addition. When I asked why I was told "It would use up too much bandwidth on our network"! I laughed myself silly. C'mon ELNK - if you're gonna have your reps spout complete BS, at least come up with something that might be at least plausible.

I thoroughly regret leaving Sprint at this point. I will be remedying this ASAP.

Since the ELNK phone is working on Sprint's network can I pay the $175 cancellation fee and sign up with Sprint with this phone, possibly after flashing this phone with the Sprint Firmware? I see no TECHNICAL reason this shouldn't work but would Sprint provision it? And how can I find out?
    sprint (and now verizon apparently) will only turn on stuff that they sold. So your earthlink CDMA phone is worthless in the US except for earthlink.
    I just wanted to offer this little comment - I recently switched from Sprint to EarthLink and have noticed no difference in the QOS except one - the data network is faster!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I had and hated earthlink's dialup service, back in the day... As far as I could tell, they never quite got their act together as an isp even after I left them for cable modem. imagine my surprise to find out that the same lousy service they provided me as an isp is now extended to smart phone customers.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larry91403
    I just wanted to offer this little comment - I recently switched from Sprint to EarthLink and have noticed no difference in the QOS except one - the data network is faster!
    It was my understanding that its the same data network
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    I had and hated earthlink's dialup service, back in the day... As far as I could tell, they never quite got their act together as an isp even after I left them for cable modem. imagine my surprise to find out that the same lousy service they provided me as an isp is now extended to smart phone customers.
    I just signed up for their dial-up, and I've been extremely disappointed!! Besides them being $6/month more than the DSL I'll be ordering next week, thier web accelerator software slowed things to a complete and utter crawl! Then, after uninstalling it and manually configuring windows to connect, it only connects the first time it dials about once out of every twenty tries. Strangely though, it almost always connects on the second try.

I've had experience with multiple services over the pas 8 years, and never experienced a dial-up headache like the one I've gotten from Earthlink!

Not trying to hop on an Earthink bashin' bandwagon, just sharing my experience.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    I too was dismayed to notice on my first bill that I was charged $300 for my phone, instead of the $200 advertised. I called, and the rep told me that the $100 comes of my 2nd bill. Well, I just got my 2nd bill and guess what? Not only is there no $100 back, but there is some new mystery "Wireless Usage" charge for $29.75 in addition to my $29.95 "unlimited" data and $39.95 voice charges. I'll be harassing them over these charges as soon as I get home.

Oh, and has anyone else noticed that the "call log" does not included any mechanism for determining how many total minutes you have used as it is described in the manual? What's that about?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123