Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster
    I can't believe they would pull the "no pda return" game. When I called Earthlink and told them I was concerned with the service and didn't want to sign up and risk the $175 cancellation policy they said there was no cancellation charges for the first 30 days. They said all I had to do to cancel the service was return the phone to Officemax. Sounds like OfficeMax and Earthlink need to talk.

Danny
    I talked to the Manager, & he allowed the return..no problem.

BTW, that SprintPCS store *matched* the OfficeMax $199 after-rebate price (instant-rebate)..PLUS $20 off!! I got the Treo 650 for $180 out-the-door.

They didn't have it in stock, but arranged a store transfer later that day. Outstanding service.

This was a smaller store that wasn't like the other ones: huge waiting lines & signup sheets. I was at a smaller Verizon store, & I got better service there too.
    On their website the price went up to $30 but it is still $20 at the stores. I can't see buying service from anyone else. Earthlink has much better pricing if you use upwards of 1000 minutes like me. For the same $130 dollar outlay I could have 1350 minutes of Verizon (plus unlimited data) vs. 2400 minutes of Earthlink (plus unlimited data.) I think I might drop back to 1100 minutes of Earthlink for $95. I don't think I was going over the 900 minutes I used to have from Verizon enough to justify the jump to 2400. That is about equivalent to the Verizon 900 minute plan. Verizon does have broadband speeds but according to the sales rep I talked to the Treo doesn't support them anyway. To get their "Edge" speeds you have to by a Windows device.

Danny
    You Mr. Ms. .... are a confused individual....I used to be a SPRINT customer myself.... but because of the non english speaking, caring customer service....I left SPRINT.... why you ask? because THEY outsource! and they don't care! If you have any brain in your body you would understand EVERY body is in the business "to make money"... but that's right, I'm sure you are one of the customers/users that expect to get the service/product for free.....that's the intelligent level. Regarding having a service that is either outsourced or resold....no one is perfect.... all communication has a chance to have an error.... I am sure Earthlink had NO intention to "supposedly" rip you off or misguide you in any way! As I am sure if you are in the professional business, you understand ALL sales representatives will mislead a customer any way they can to make a sale and get a commission....just look at what happened to the BIG AOL corporation! Shame on you as a customer to not look at the small print/or ask questions as to know what you are getting into! AS far as Earthlink getting into phone service....it's about time BIG companies are being challenged ...... think their pants are too big and take the common customer for a ride thinking we won't do something about it.
    I read your story and those that followed and the first thing that ran threw my mind is gees... this guy/girl had a hard time..... been there and done that but I AM ADULT ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT MISTAKES HAPPEN.... INCLUDING SPECIALS OR SERVICES!

I with my age/experience have learned that those that cry about something like this are those that expect a service and NOT want/desire to PAY for those services.....

If this fits you..... remember either KARMA or GOD will intercept.

Think about it.....I LOVE EARTHLINK.....they give more technical support than ANY CARRIER......have you thought about that? I didn't think so................

Well, I used to be in sales for MANY BIG companies and were told to "say anything, make any promise to make the sale"......I don't think that is "Earthlink Sales people" motto, but maybe those that are trying to make a buck on a service they are outsourced, don't believe in or just don't care.

So, before you or your friends make a big out roar.......get the facts straight because legally what you have done is deface Earthlinkl publically unwrongly.

Grow Up
    If you as a customer allows to be taken for a ride and NOT read the fine print.....then you get what you are educated in!......

If I was buying for a service from someone other than the provider....than I would look at the fine print....that's common sense!
    Let me give a response to this illigitamate claim.....do errors happen to where you work? Yes, I'm sure they do....is it because of a data issue? Yes, I'm sure it is..... I have been "shanked" by BIG companies myself...namely CPS saying their meter was broken so they decided to "monitor" me (during the hottest time during the season) then tell me they were gonna "back charge" me for usage they "thought" I used.....well, I disagreed and followed the proper steps to overcome this issue....(knowing errors CAN/WILL happen-'cuz I'm educated)....I didn't try to act like a baby and lash out publically....such as you are doing Sir/Ma'am.......I got it over turned and taken care of....oh I didn't mention the amount in question was $400.00+ .........

I am sorry you went without service for a little while..... we all experience an inconvenience one time or another in our life....but come one ..... how important are YOU?!?!?!?!? Grow Up. I'm not happy with MANY services I have had to deal with, but NEVER "cried" about it publically!

I am a single mother without any help from the father NOR tax payers money.....I don't act like YOU have..... come on ..... write it up already ..... move on...... EARTHLINK has been great for me for MANY years.....

I may not agree with the "outsourcing of jobs" but what BIG corporation hasn't?! It WILL turn around if YOU as a customer express your concerns as an ADULT ... NOT as a JOLTED angry want revenge customer...... America was built on support and understanding......so be an American.....and pull your own.....don't tear it down!

I am GLAD I don't belong to SPRINT, Cingular, nor Virizon...... major share holders are OUT OF THIS country.....think about it..........

Have a Great Day and let GOD/Karma deal with those that mean to do harm!

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Given Earthlink is an Atlanta based company it is pretty sad to hear this.

This means the person helping you could not have been local.

Have you got you're facts straight before YOU lashed OUT!?!?!??!?

Guess not, by the look of your approach.... you think you are SOMEBODY SPECIAL......do you put your pants on the same way the rest of us do?

I think you do....come out of the clouds.........

sorry...........GOD BLESS YOU TO KNOW THE FACTS AND NOT "YOU'RE REALITY"
    No, if you have a current Sprint agreement/contract... signing up with Earthlink will not release you of that agreement... however, if you want to "port" that number over, Federal Law says you can and Sprint has to release another number to you for that service......... to complete the contract....they will hold your number even after a request is given as to frustrate you to quit with your new carrier.... I know..... it happened with me with another carrier........and I won't mention names because I am all grown up and won't do what jleggett and houdini has done... I believe they are JILTED ex employees..... let your instincts tell you the truth......
    Darnell....you LOOK like you MIGHT have some intelligence but come on.......
    If you have a promo code and it's within the time line....law states it WILL be honored....

Oh by the way....did I tell you all I am a Technician for this Treo 650?!?!?!? Guess I didn't ..... know why? 'CUZ I DON'T have to put up with such BULL off duty....you think the people on the other line don't talk about your pompas garbage?

Who cares about who you THINK you are?!?!?!?? YOU call them because YOU DON'T KNOW CRAP AND YOUR BULLYING POSITION DOESN'T MATTER.........BE NICE....GET A CLUE. ARE YOU THAT MEAN TO YOUR MOM WHEN THE PEANUT BUTTER ISN'T SPREAD RIGHT.....GROW UP YOU ARE NOT GOD..... NEVER WILL BE.
    It's VERY easy people...about how to handle you're Treo.....READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL......if you run into snags go to www.palmone.com/support

It's NOT that hard! you can take the time to make someone's life miserable, but you can't take the time to READ.....

MOST of you are in a leadership role.....well act like it.....
    Mr Darnell.....are you one of "Those people" who think that just because you show your picture that it will intimidate others?

Well, Sir.......it doesn't it just makes me more infuriating.........so you are not that computer litterate.....we ALL have to grow up technically some day......because YOU are lacking..... you shouldn't blame a company...... SHAME

here are is a site that may help you out..... http://www.palm.com/us/support/

may take you some effort to "educate yourself" but it WILL pay off!.......

TRY IT instead of bullying people around!
    No garybx.... you do have to sign up with earthlink services and get into a contract....just with any carrier....att & t, sprint, cingular .... ect.......

but trust me........the tech support is SUPERIOUR to these other carriers whom DO mislead the customer....... try it........ you'll believe it...don't listen to these want to be "RULERS OF THE CORPORATE WORLD....AND NOT PAY A DIME......"

I'M NOT SCURRED......THEY DON'T PAY MY BILLS........... JUST TRY IT
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    believeit?! What a multi-post RANT for no reason. I am NOT an ex-employee of Earthlink.

First and foremost, consider applying some grammar and spelling skills to your posts, your disjointed rambling is hard to follow, especially since you didn't quote to what you were referring to in your multiple follow up postings. Are YOU a native English speaker? If so, did you graduate High School?

Second, this was my experience in dealing with Earthlink. Period. No ulterior motives other than sharing with the treo community here on Treocentral.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    anyone touched a nerve lately (jleggett?)
    I too do not like earthlink techsupport...just thought I would throw that in.
    This is my first post in a long time. Mainly because I have been busy but also because I still have a T600 and am now bored with it.

I am glad to annouce that one way or another I will be ordering a T650 tomorrow.

I just found out that EarthlinkPCS is offering the T650 for $99 after a $100 rebate. Yep that's right it got even cheaper. I can't pass this deal up. Especially since they actually have great service plan prices also.

The only thing that does worry me a bit is that SMS messages are $0.10 to send.

Anyway I am actually hoping to take a printout of this offer into the Sprint store and have them match it. I have a good plan now that I don't want to change.

Just go to www.earthlinkpcs.com. Offer expires September 9th, 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    Anyway I am actually hoping to take a printout of this offer into the Sprint store and have them match it. I have a good plan now that I don't want to change.

Just go to www.earthlinkpcs.com.
    Keep us posted on how this works out. If you get it for 99 bucks from sprint...I might run out tomorrow and try it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by BigTreo
    This is my first post in a long time. Mainly because I have been busy but also because I still have a T600 and am now bored with it.

I am glad to annouce that one way or another I will be ordering a T650 tomorrow.

I just found out that EarthlinkPCS is offering the T650 for $99 after a $100 rebate. Yep that's right it got even cheaper. I can't pass this deal up. Especially since they actually have great service plan prices also.

The only thing that does worry me a bit is that SMS messages are $0.10 to send.

Just go to www.earthlinkpcs.com. Offer expires September 9th, 2005.
    The old offer was $200 after rebate for a one year service plan. The new offer ties you up another year for another $100 in savings. With the changes that are happening now (new Treo probably released within the year and WinMobile5 devices by end of year) I would rather not be tied into my phone and plan for two more years.

By the way, I have had no problems with Earthlink whatsoever. Their minutes plan was a little better than Verizon and their data plan was considerably better when I signed up. Furthermore, Verizon wanted to charge me $450 for the Treo. Verizon does now offer combined voice data plans that are more competitive with Earthlink and because I have a one year plan I have the option of switching back to Verizon after a year or maybe even upgrading to a newer phone and handing the Treo over to my wife.
    "Verizon does now offer combined voice data plans that are more competitive with Earthlink"

Could you tell us more about this plan you spoke of? I looked on verizons website and couldnt find anything about the data plans.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster
    I...By the way, I'm not having any network problems with Earthlink and their prices can't be beat. $110 dollars for 2400 minutes is way better than anyone else. $20 for unlimited data also beats Verizon.

Danny
    I want someone to explain to me how a thrid party provider can purchase minutes from Sprint and sell them to its customers FOR LESS than Sprint sells those same minutes to its customers? Who's screwing who?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I don't think you guys have looked at the sprint plans lately.

They are only offering the fair and flexible plans now.

Earthlink is giving you 1100 minutes, unlimited data, and free nights and weekends for $104.90.

From Sprint: 700 minutes is $49.99. 400 additional minutes only cost another $20. Unlimited Vision is on $15. Adds up to only $84.99.

Obviously, Sprint has the better offer. If you compare the 2400 minute plans Sprint is only $5 cheaper than Earthlink. But, you have to remember that with Sprint you only pay $0.05 per minute for overage and you are able to add things like unlimited sms and 7pm nights.

Just wanted to add another perspective. I will keep everyone posted on how my adventure goes. I have about 10 Sprint stores in a 10 mile radius from me and I'm determined to get a yes.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast